Rock pools

Home Forum Chat Forum Rock pools

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Rock pools
  • Jamie

Probably the nichest niche I have had the pleasure to read on STW.

Premier Icon maccruiskeen
    Subscriber

The bbc thing was the reason for asking, missed most if it though

Subscriber

The bbc thing was the reason for asking, missed most if it though

Premier Icon mtbfix
    Subscriber

I watched that a while ago when it first aired. One of the mst interesting and engaging natural world programmes that I have seen in some time.

Subscriber

Say you really like rock pools, and you like riding bikes, where in the uk would you go to ride bikes and look in really good rock pools. Best rock pool and cycling combo I’ve had is on Orkney. Where might be better?

gusamc

Arran has some bits – and it’s overall scenery makes it worth a visit

Clauchlands – Lamlash – Cordon – Kings Cross – Whiting Bay, (Kings X – WB – deffo rideableish – paths/stiles – take sarnies to sit at horsehoe shaped sandy bay nr KX point), suspect that biking might be tricky C-KX but deffo used to be walkable (*1960s 10yr old, looked ok 2 yrs ago) then back at WB via up the hill forest tracks nr cafe at burn (Glenashdale Falls, Giants Grave, lovely wee burn and follow track then follow burn back to Lamlash once you hit the road

also, on a hot day, get barefoot, get sandy beach, get to tideline and wiggle and squelch toes in – you might get a flattie or a spoutie

(*will require removal (pls replace) of decent sized rocks to get full views)

JRTG

Pretty much any Devon or Pembrokeshire costal route. Many hours can be lost as St Brides Pembrokshire with great pubs scattered about to make it better 🙂

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

Agreed – Devon. Some kind of Devon/Cornwall coastal route would yield many wonders 🙂
    Cornwall

Premier Icon jamj1974
    Subscriber

Aix en Provence…?

As above, Devon and Cornwall would be a good trip.

We live in West Devon and spend a lot of time on the N Cornwall coast, our favourite places for rockpools around here are as follows (low tide best for all of them obviously):

Crackington Haven
    Polzeath
    Trebarwith Strand
    Port Gaverne

Further west then Priest’s Cove, Cape Cornwall is well worth a trip. Stunning.

Further afield the beaches on Sleat peninsular on Skye have some great pools – we spent hours messing around in them when we were up there last Easter.

timbur

Road pools and road shoes. Can I get pictures of the skin damage after one slip up please :O)

Kimmerage Bay in Dorset. Lovely roads and lovely roak pools. Take some jelly shoes though :Op

teenrat

For some reason i found the limpet defending itself against the starfish a great bit of telly!

Premier Icon righog
    Subscriber

teenrat – Member
    For some reason i found the limpet defending itself against the starfish a great bit of telly!

You should be in advertising ! I really want to watch the program now 🙂

Subscriber

Oooo Skye could be a winner actually. Can only manage a few days off this summer, (can’t complain at that though, it’ll be our first holiday since 2007) Arran is too close to home but a quick jaunt up to Skye could be the very tonic.

I remember Achnacloich and Tarskavaig being particularly good spots on our trip if that helps. Stunning scenery around there too with great views of the Cuillin

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Rock pools’ is closed to new replies.