Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)
  • Rock n Roll Extreme Lube – UK stock?
  • fudge9202
    Free Member

Mine just arrived , should have enough now to see me through the next 12 months then it’ll be out of stock again!!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

It’s back in stock at merlin, 18 quid delivered…

iainc

Wee bottles are under £6, just ordered a couple, cheers.

SOAP
    Free Member
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I never thought much of RnR extreme. Wasteful application, messy, expensive, not that good in the filth, and not that easy to clean off for a decent re-lube.

My experience too, most of the bottle ended up on the floor. And it never lasted.

I use Muc Off ceramic these days, mostly as I get it for free, but find it actually works in the conditions I ride & seems to last well.

I’d probably buy it now, if I had to pay for lube. Probably the best I have used.

granny_ring

So the £33 I paid taking a punt on this stuff was a bargain then judging by some of the recent views 😀

GolfChick
    Free Member

Bought some of this last May after recommendations on STW and was never vastly impressed by it, so watery, and yes it made the drivetrain quieter but I was mystified by the fact you couldn’t see it doing anything but after spending money I kept on plugging away with it. Ran out on Wednesday night and just ordered the 16oz bottle! I tended to save the RnR for my Bronson and use muc off wet lube on the hardtail, got sick to the back teeth of the hardtail drivetrain always being clogged up with cr@p but after realising it was the lube it was amazing what a difference the two have between each other. Get the Bronson home and the chain is pretty much sparkling. Clean it up, reapply before putting it away and I never rode along thinking how gritty and crappy it sounded. I did think about trying some other stuff when I realised it was in short supply but after reading around, I actually like how simple the RnR is to apply compared to some of the other ‘dry’ lubes.

SOAP
    Free Member

Been using fenwicks wet while RnR was unavailable.
    A good alternative.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

The art of applying rnr extreme is to lather it on, then run the chain through a towel. This lifts off the dirt like a chain cleaner and leaves behind a really good lube in the required areas.

Yes you get through a lot of it, but that’s the idea as it cleans and lubes.

Viewing 9 posts - 81 through 89 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Rock n Roll Extreme Lube – UK stock?’ is closed to new replies.