Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Rock n Roll Extreme Lube – UK stock?
  • bramblesummer
    Free Member

Google fu has failed me…..

Does anyone know if there is any UK stock of 16oz rock n roll extreme lube? Used my last bit this morning, comfortable knowing that it has reappeared in the uk, only to find no stock……

(I don’t really want to spend a fortune importing it from the US…..there lots over there..)

dumbbot
    Free Member

Nope, and I’ve email RnR , Ribble and some other online retailer to enquire about stock and no one has bothered their arse to get back to me.

So it looks like we’ll be looking for another brand.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

B*lls! The greatest chain lube in the world isn’t available just as autumn hits.

Suggestions for the nearest equilivant?

bigdean

Yep i’m in the same position. Cant fine a decent alternative.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Anyone using rock n roll gold lube? There is some of that around, and although not as wet focused, it sounds like it might be ok?

fruitbat

I got mine here – Cycle Clinic

Fixed the URL now!

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Urgh :-/ I read a thread that said it had all disappeared as the guy making it had packed it in sometime last year ? Then a load turned up in ebay so presumed it wa back to normal. I am now confused.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Urgh :-/ I read a thread that said it had all disappeared as the guy making it had packed it in sometime last year ? Then a load turned up in ebay so presumed it was back to normal. I am now confused.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Out of stock at the cycle clinic

dumbbot
    Free Member

Someone mentioned ProGold Prolink Xtreme Chain Lube, I think I’ll give that a try next..it looks like a similar ‘thin’ lube, Rn’R style.

Pain in the backside, the best lube for UK conditions… isn’t available in the UK.

iainc

Progold Extreme is good, but it’s not as clean as RnR…

rOcKeTdOg

Smoove

fudge9202
    Free Member

Bramblesummer I think I have a litre of it I might be able to help you out but I’m in Northern Ireland??
    Email in profile

honourablegeorge

I’m liking Wickens & Soderstrom… the cheaper one

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Fudge, you’ve possibly just booked a seat in my house for Christmas dinner – email sent

fudge9202
    Free Member

Mailed you back Aaron

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Ah FFS…

dumbbot
    Free Member

About us

Velo seem to be the distributor, I’m going to fire them an email in the morning.

As much as it’s a nuisance, I’d rather switch brands than scrabble for limited remaining stock like a desperate meth addict. Not that you’re meth addict bramble

granny_ring

It says they’re out of stock too?
    But let us know if they do have some ta.

Bolt

Have had the large bottle on order with tweeks for over a month!
    Last email from them says another 4 weeks!

Hopefully what I have will last til then.

nickdavies

I’ve got half a bottle of it left in the toolbox, prefer squirt personally.

Now.. shall we start the bidding at £50?? 😆

krixmeister

Urgh :-/ I read a thread that said it had all disappeared as the guy making it had packed it in sometime last year ? Then a load turned up in ebay so presumed it was back to normal. I am now confused.

As far as I can tell the company is still around – but I gave up trying to buy their products in the UK. On an extended trip to the US, and have bought myself a litre of it. I don’t know what the difference between the Extreme and the Gold versions are – I buy the Extreme when I can because I like to think I’m an EXTREME rider, but as far as I can tell the main difference is the Gold turns to solid wax at a slightly higher temperature than the Extreme. For both, in Scotland, I have to bring the bike and the lube indoors for awhile to apply.

Poopscoop

I noticed this some time back. I switched to Squirt after some reading up and it is actually very good.

You can also actually buy it! 🙂

rone

Squirt is good but doesn’t seem to clean like RnR.

I used to rotate both of them.

My last batch of RnR was rubbish actually. Seemed too thin and not enough of the waxy stuff to lube.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Squirt is great if you’re a fair weather rider.

muggomagic

I have ordered some of this Rex Chain Lube as heard good things about it. As we are now approaching an extended spell of dry weather (I’m an eternal optimist) I won’t get to see how it performs in the wet and mud for a while.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I’m currently using the Rock N Roll Gold and so far i’m impressed. Seems to keep the drive train clean and it’s not washed away after one wet ride!

iainc

on my last 1/2 of a small bottle here so have just ordered a couple more from Tweeks – wonder when they will turn up !

chiefgrooveguru

As we are now approaching an extended spell of dry weather (I’m an eternal optimist) I won’t get to see how it performs in the wet and mud for a while.

I’m putting my mud tyres on this week! 😉

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I’m putting my mud tyres on this week!

You had them off? :mrgreen:

hypnonewt
    Free Member

Purple Extreme lube has worked well for me for the last two years all year round even with peak district winter rides. And it is still available in the UK.

roverpig

If it’s any help, I ran Squirt all through last (Scottish) winter and the (equally wet) Scottish summer. That’s going out twice a week, whatever the weather and it seems to work fine.

iainc

conversely, for typical west of Scotland riding, i find Squirt washes off pretty quickly on wet/splashy trails. Certainly doesn’t last a 2-3 hr wettish winter ride. I have it on both MTB’s at present, and the boys bikes, but RnR or, if I can’t replenish it, Prolink ProGold Extreme will be going back on soon…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive given up with all clean running lubes, end up either coming off mid ride in the wet (then when it dries up after mid ride) the noise the drive train makes sounds awful

ive just gone back to muc off wet lube, so far as long as you get the excess off well, it doesn’t seem that mucky to me (though I do clean the chain regular), and it lasts, all ride, no matter how wet and filthy

granny_ring

hypnonewt, care to share where….? Ta

sam_underhill

Just as I’d moved back to R&R from Progold!

I’d like something less petroleum based but I’m struggling to find anything that actually last for a few hours in the wet splashy conditions through the winter.

thepurist

I’ve found White Lightning Clean to be OK, haven’t noticed any loss of chain life since switching from RnR when supplies first dried up.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

hypnonewt, care to share where….? Ta

Wiggle have it, pricey but worth it in my opinion.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Rock n Roll Extreme Lube – UK stock?’ is closed to new replies.