Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Rock Lobster Tig Team 853 Frame Specs
  • vorlich
    Free Member

I think I’ve settled on the 15″ version for my other half’s birthday in August. The plan is buy now and have plenty of time to build and source the parts.

But…I can’t find any specs for seapost, seatube diameter, BB Shell size, etc

Can anyone confirm what they are?

Tom83

Mine was a 27.2 seatpost, standard hollowtech bb (68mm iirc). Give merlin a bell tomorrow if not!

vorlich
    Free Member

So that’ll be a 28.6mm Front mech then?

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

In case you need some inspiration…

vorlich
    Free Member

You should take that garage door everywhere with you. Sets off the blue frame nicely! 😉

vorlich
    Free Member

Frame ordered, any more pics to share? 🙂

cinnamon_girl

From memory, it has a seat tube bolt, not a qr. I think the frame should come with this.

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

CG’s right for the steel version but the ally one takes a standard collar which I’m pretty sure is 28.6.

Another pic you say…?

Stan_Dingup
    Free Member

Just re read the title and seen you are after a steel one…

vorlich
    Free Member

I’ve seen some posts online that suggest later steel models have a QR, bit daft Merlin don’t have this info up on the site, their photo is rubbish too. Thanks for the input all!

sefton
    Free Member

15″ steel bought 2 months ago. (btw it cost me £20 to get a hope qr collar as the 15″ steel is a funny size) had to also put a spacer on the front mech

sefton
    Free Member

17″ ali

vorlich
    Free Member

Cheers Sefton, the red looks nice! I take it any Shimano top pull mech with spacers would suit.

sefton
    Free Member

i’ve got sram x9 with a shimano spacer

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Rock Lobster Tig Team 853 Frame Specs’ is closed to new replies.