Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rockshox RL forks
  • mrmoofo

I have a new Solaris ( to me) and I have just put on some RS RLs ex CRC. Now they are 130 not 120 but I can adjust internally with a spacer.

Does this mean the fork become 10 mm shorter – or just travels less?
    Or is this a dumb question?

And will 130 on a Solaris kill me?

nuke

Does this mean the fork become 10 mm shorter – or just travels less?

Both…shorter and less travel

Dont know what forks you have but bear in mind only 2012 forks or older can be adjusted with internal spacer

mrmoofo

they are 2013s
    And the spacer is included.
    Does anyone know if it a complete bitch to do – or quite easy?

nuke

Does anyone know if it a complete bitch to do – or quite easy?

Well its going to be a bitch to do if you’re trying to fit the spacer on a set of 2013 forks but do continue and let us know how it goes 😀

…sound like the 130 revs CRC were flogging which were 2012. Fitting spacer is easy enough to do diy

jairaj

Are you sure they are 2013? Do they have a dual air spring or solo air spring?

Assuming they are the dual air spring then yes you can add a spacer to reduce the travel. relatively simple job to do. I took 35-40 mins when I did mine but that was my first time opening up forks so went slow on purpose. An experienced user could probably do it in 10-15mins.

The manual shows how to do it and there are plenty of videos online showing you the process.

If they are solo air then you need a new spring assembly to change the travel. I think it’s still a reasonably straight forward job but I think parts cost a bit more.

honourablegeorge

How to below, you’ll need a long socket to reach the nut on the lowers on a 29er fork

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/workshop-how-to-adjust-travel-on-a-rockshox-trail-fork–26840/

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rockshox RL forks’ is closed to new replies.