• This topic has 39 replies, 32 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Gunz.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Robot Wars starts tonight – BBC 2 8pm.
  • milky1980
    Free Member

Just a little bit excited 😀

GeForceJunky

Thank you 🙂

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

with Philippa?

mtbfix

No. No Philipa. Sad face.

thegreatape
    Free Member

No Philipa

Good job. Can’t be arsed explaining to my kids what a boner is.

teethgrinder

thegreatape – Member
    Good job. Can’t be arsed explaining to my kids what a boner is.

You win!

athgray
    Free Member

Like it. It is a shame that Be A Moth is now Bee He Moth though.

Northwind

Not to be all womanisey and that but Angela Scanlon > Philipa Forrester. Albeit, less likely to be off her face while presenting.

zilog6128

Proper carnage! Way better than the original. You can really see how far motors, etc have come. The robots are much more powerful this time around. Great seeing the cluster bots launched around the arena!

milky1980
    Free Member

The destructive power of Carbide reminds me of when Hypnodisc first appeared in the old shows!

Angela Scanlon: Irish accent, redhead, boiler suit = WIN 😀

thegreatape
    Free Member

Thankyou teethgrinder 🙂

Cougar

Lot of fun, that.

Fueled
    Free Member

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Thought I’d miss Craig Charles,

Quite enjoyed that. Proper carnage too.

Harry_the_Spider

I laughed out load when the little tiddly ones got hurled about.

Albeit, less likely to be off her face while presenting.

Do tell more! What was Flipper up to?

alpin
    Free Member

Better than Top Gear….

everyone
    Free Member

Do tell more! What was Flipper up to?

Well Craig Charles got discount rates from the Colombians…

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Razer dissaponted but a good watch. Not 100 on Dara though….

CountZero

Harry_the_Spider – Member
    I laughed out load when the little tiddly ones got hurled about.

So did I! I was really expecting one to get tossed clean over the barrier screen, was disappoint when they didn’t.
    Good to see Behemoth back, and Razer, but I think Razer may be a little outclassed now, sadly.
    Carbide is awesome, the chunk it took out of Behemoths dozier blade was very impressive, you would want it to catch you on the ankle, mind…
    Now there’s an idea for robot anti-burglar patrols… 😆
    Oh, and Angela Scanlon? Swoon!

brakes
    Free Member

I thought it was good. bit dull with the old timers there though.
    don’t like the pit as you ALWAYS get people driving backwards into it (Behemoth) or falling into it with another (Razer).
    Nuts getting anihilated by Carbide was the highlight.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Didn’t find it as gripping as i used to, will give it another chance next week. Carbide was quite impressive – not entirely convinced the lawnmower blade is more effective than a flywheel though.

hatter

Sad that razor are out as watching that pincer munch through months of hard work was one of the highlights of the old version.

Carbide seems to be the rightfull heir to hypnodisc though. Hoping that technological advances mean there’ll be some crazily overpowered flippers appearing later in the series.

DrP

Go get on you tube, have a peek at the us version, ava have a look at “tombstone”..
    Looks like carbide was modeled on that. Tombstone smashed the others clean apart in some matches!!

DrP

Duffer
    Free Member

The competitions have been running all along, even though it’s not been televised. In the last few years its been dominated by big flippers (which are also much more powerful than they used to be). Look out for Beast and Explosion.

I was disappointed to see Razer go out so quickly; even thoigh i didn’t really like it first time round, he didn’t really got a fair crack at the whip. I’d also like to have seen Carbide smash it up, as it never faced Hypnodisc in the old series.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Stealing a sausage roll……. yum….

cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

if ever there was a role for Shouty Mcshouty ( Evans) it would be presenting robot wars.. how about that then kids!

Probably do a swap and stick Dara on top grunt.

It will always be “Beyamoth”, bee hee moth sounds weird but not as strange as Jonathan Pierce having a crisis

AlexSimon

don’t like the pit as you ALWAYS get people driving backwards into it (Behemoth) or falling into it with another (Razer).

Agreed – it always robbed the viewers of some good match-ups. That and when the house robots go overboard.

Harry_the_Spider

I fancy that the house robots would get shredded based on the evidence of Sunday night.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Dunno Harry – robots are 100-110kgs.
    House robots are 250-500kgs!
    Thats a lot more armour.
    A lot more weapons.
    Much bigger motors and batteries, etc.

thepurist

I think a few had a go at the house robots back in the day. Matilda took a beating, shunt was attackable but not sure anyone made much of a dent in killalot, it’s just too big and heavy. And well driven.

Harry_the_Spider

I think that carbide tipped blade would make a mess of anything that got in the way and a bigger/heavier target is less likely to get thrown clear.

Lets hope that we get to see it.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Just watched it, that was brilliant!
    New lady is very nice also.

Lummox

We need drones, why aren’t there drones?

bikebouy
    Free Member

I just don’t get it.

I used to watch the old series, but I find this one dull.

And I’m not sure about the female presenter either, actually nor Dara.

Hey ho, enjoy it.

Just removed off series link.

Northwind

Finally caught up… Enjoyed it, totally accepting of the obvious fact that the reason I enjoy it less now than I used to is that I’m not a child 😆 But still good.

brakes – Member

Seemed like that was Behemoth capitulating tbh… The Carbide guys had realised they were knackered and were trying to end it without taking it to bits (or maybe avoid wear and tear on their own robot, to be fair, it’s got to be in danger of knocking itself to bits).

As for razer falling in the pit, it always drove like a shopping trolley, drawback of the design. Saved it from getting torn into a million bits, which would have been a shame… But then, do unto others.

GrahamS

Better than Top Gear…

Fun fact: Clarkson presented the first series of Robot Wars!

Fun fact 2: and he was very nearly killed to death by a robot.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jamiejones/things-you-didnt-know-about-robot-wars

milky1980
    Free Member

Week 2 tonight 😀

I’m going to go for Tough As Nails this week.

I remember Clarkson doing the first series, he treated it as a bit of fun. Until he saw the first proper robot fight when he looke d a little bit shocked at the destruction 😆

Gunz
    Free Member

Gutted that Carbide lost, the sense of tension on the family sofa as the Judges’ decision was announced was palpable.

jimdubleyou

Gutted that Carbide lost, the sense of tension on the family sofa as the Judges’ decision was announced was palpable.

Karma for taking out an immobilised robot in the earlier rounds?

Gunz
    Free Member

Karma for taking out an immobilised robot in the earlier rounds?

It was overly aggressive but it’s still impressive to see it taking chunks out of everything in range. Poor Thor didn’t know what hit him, felt quite sorry for it.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Robot Wars starts tonight – BBC 2 8pm.’ is closed to new replies.