Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Robot Wars!
  • CountZero

On now. Whoop!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

No Philippa Forrester.
    I’m out.

(Had an ex who was the spitting image of her. Which was nice.)

CountZero

No Philippa Forrester.

Keep up at the back, there, she wasn’t in it last year, either! 😀
    That was a really good start, even those little clusterbots were better that I’d expected, and Behemoth and Apollo were both on form, good to see Behemoth finally get a really good fight in.
    Great fun.

Duffer
    Free Member

Behemoth was always one of my favourites. Love winding my 10 year old boy up, who always wants the spinners to win!

Wasn’t long ago that I was the 10 year old, watching Robot Wars…

lazlowoodbine
    Free Member

TFU

Duffer
    Free Member

Sat watching this week’s episode with my boy again:

“I think I’d like to be an engineer when I grow up…”

Thanks BBC. That alone is worth this year’s licence fee.

Vinte
    Free Member

Epic episode this week.

parkesie
    Free Member

Taking out the lighting by launching a robot up into the roof. Awesome

colournoise

Much as it will never win anything, Gabriel is a really clever bit of lateral design thinking.

maxtorque

Wow the arena is really getting a battering this week!

Duffer
    Free Member

Much as it will never win anything, Gabriel is a really clever bit of lateral design thinking.

Agreed. It looks like a joke entry, but it’s a properly clever and tough machine.

colournoise

Plus, it uses MTB tyres.

What tyres for fighting Carbide?

CountZero

It was Gabriel sent Behemoths driver off in a hissy fit last year! Clever design, using flexibility and disposable externals.
    The damage that Carbide did was impressive, but Aftershock is incredibly damaging. Great fights.

boblo
    Free Member

It’s lost a bit of pace this series which is a shame cos I’m a real fan. Time for Battlebots methinks… Higher quotient of orange people compared to the Brit version 🙂

CountZero

Taking out the lighting by launching a robot up into the roof. Awesome

I hadn’t noticed that, I’m watching a recording, so catching up; that was truly awesome, they’re going to have to armour the lighting rigs now!
    Good fight between Big Nipper and Aftershock, two vertical spinners, but Nipper is that bit lower, and more difficult to hit.
    Terrific final, Eruption against Carbide, difficult to call at first, but Carbide really had the edge.
    Excellent episode, really enjoyed it.

parkesie
    Free Member

39kg bar spinner turned into a suicidal helecopter judges contestants and audience ducking for cover

crazyjenkins01

Haven’t seen this weeks yet….

johndoh
    Free Member

It wasn’t quite as good as last week’s episode but the bar spinner flying off was hilarious.

I want Hypnodisc to make a comeback. I still remember very fondly drinking beer on a Friday evening whilst howling with laughter watching that thing decimate robots.

crazyjenkins01

^^^^ good times

thepurist
    CountZero

Typical Beeb, wouldn’t know a good, entertaining family friendly programme if it bit them in the ass! I’d love to know exactly what ‘new programming’ actually means; a return of The Old Grey Whistle Test, or other quality music programme? Fat chance, it’ll be some bloody reality crap like ‘Strictly…’. 🙁

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

Eh?!  Axe Robot Wars but keep crap like Eastenders – beggars belief!

zbonty

Bad times

martinhutch

Woohoo!

I can’t wait for the Great British Flower-Arrange-Off or another great series of Flog a Bargain on Wheels.

zokes
    Free Member

FFS.

Perhaps insurance was getting a bit difficult given the ability of the most powerful robots to damage the enclosure?

bodgy
    Free Member

Well that really sucks.

colournoise

Boo.

Odds on Dave or similar picking it up?

Speeder

FFS.

Perhaps insurance was getting a bit difficult given the ability of the most powerful robots to damage the enclosure?

I did wonder if this might be a consideration after that incident in the last series where some part got through the “bulletproof” enclosure.  The latest stuff is packing some real punch.

My son will be gutted! He’s been asking recently when it’ll be back.  Unhappy smiley.

milky1980
    Free Member

Short-sighted decision IMO.

The show ticks two boxes for the BBC: entertainment and educational.  It’s got my nephew and his friends interested in how the robots are built!  Guarantee it’ll be replaced by some ratings-chaser drivel programme that is better done by ITV or Sky (ie more popular but even more brain rotting).  Same as when they dropped F1 for The Voice.

Cougar

Odds on Dave or similar picking it up?

It’s surely a shoe-in for Dave.  If they don’t, I can see it ending up being an Amazon Prime exclusive or some such.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Robot Wars!’ is closed to new replies.