Robbie Williams

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • Robbie Williams
  • Premier Icon ransos
    Subscriber

You’re just too cool ransos

Quite the opposite, obviously, but I don’t feel the need to pretend otherwise.

forzafkawi

I liked him in “Good Morning Vietnam” but he didn’t sing then of course.

Premier Icon timbog160
    Subscriber

Just listened to it and agree it is fairly s**t, but equally not sure that is RWs fault, the whole production just seems too slow. Also it’s Tears for Fears Ffs not Mozart. It was just a decent pop song not a cultural revolution.

four

Just listened to it……

TBH I like it, pretty inoffensive and jolly – heard a lot, lot worse (any Elbow track for example).

In 1998 Robbie Williams released the single ‘let me entertain you’…
    Ok Robbie, in your own time!

johnx2

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/jan/13/robbie-williams-blasting-black-sabbath-at-jimmy-page-letter-claims

This is highly entertaining, to be fair. I’d quote bits but don’t know where to start.

(Clickbait around – he’s dressing up as Robert the Plant and playing Black Sab and Deep Purple to piss off the riddle which is Jimmy Page, over swimming pool planning permission.

<wracks brain>

Stoke on the Water?)

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

johnx2 – that dispute has been going on for years now. 2 pathetic children who can’t grow up and sort out their differences.

johnx2

**** hipsters 😀. Okay so it’s been going on underground for ages (dyswidt?), but the story has gone mainstream in today’s Guardian

whitestone

Hardly “underground” the story about the planning dispute was on the BBC site months ago and the latest spat was on there yesterday.

Given that Page’s property is grade 1 listed I’d have thought there would have been some restrictions as to how close such work can get.

johnx2

It’s a basement pool. Hence the play on words which some of our less literally minded readers (Mrs Trellis of North Wales) may have got, who knows? Whatever, consider my fragile humour kicked to death…

(Great. Ads for Westlife are now following me round.)

Premier Icon DezB
    Subscriber

I wasn’t having a go for posting it! Just meant they’re a couple of dickheads! (Especially Williams) 😆

bigdaddy

Well I thought the ‘Stoke on the Water’ was a good one too – made me laugh anyway! ‘Underground’ was a little more cryptic, but keep at it!

joeydeacon

Surprised he didn’t dress up as Lori Maddox if he really wanted to annoy Page?!

BTW think Angels wasn’t really Chambers, was some Irish guy – Williams and Chambers edited it / re-recorded it IIRC – Wiki says Ray Heffernan

johnx2

fat Plant honking away in next door’s garden would annoy me. And he’s got “Rock DJ” in his armamentarium FFS…

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.