Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Robbed by CRC due to Ts and Cs
  • themightymowgli
    Free Member

At the end of January I booked a couple bikes for the CRC demo day at the FoD in March. Two weeks later I have an appointment come in for the same date that I can’t get out of. Now I can’t get the money back because it’s passed the 7 day cancelation period permitted in the t&c’s. Evidently I don’t have a leg to stand on but it really does put a sour taste in my mouth when I get stiffed for £15 through absolutely no fault of my own.
    I was offered a £5 voucher but that simply added to my boiling pish by them effectively admitting it was a bit tight. It would appear I can’t even pass my booking on to a friend.

peterfile
    Free Member

How awful of them to do that!!!!!!! 😡

jam-bo

the terms and conditions you read fully before signing up, yeah? 😀

cranberry
    Free Member

Hokding you to a contract that you freely agreed to ?

The swines!

Swelper
    Free Member

Didnt read the T & C’s shocker

As above

winston
    Free Member

Normal STW empathy/sympathy I see

Why can’t you pass booking to a mate? That would seem fair to all parties

toppers3933
    Free Member

I’m no fan of crc but I think it’s rather unfair to say they’ve robbed you. You signed up to something knowing the t’s&c’s and are now pissed that they’re actually binding. Sucks to be you today doesn’t it.
    Have you considered trying to reclaim your money from the people who you have an appointment with. It seems to me that it’s their fault you now cannot make a prior engagement that you’ve paid out for.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

The boiling point of your pish is way too low.

Get a grip ya big jessie.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Suck it up sweetheart. I think offering you a fiver was an extremely nice gesture on their part.

themightymowgli
    Free Member

Ha, the righteous ones.
    I was aware of the t&c’s and that they are binding but when these things are completely out of my control and there is no other option but to rant, that’s what I do. I believe that is my right

nedrapier

Why can’t you pass booking to a mate?

pass to a mate -> pass/sell to someone on STW -> sell on ebay to random.

It starts getting messy as soon as it’s possible to muddy who turned up on the day and whose cc details they have on file to pay for lost/ not returned/ unreasonably borked kit.

“It wasn’t me, I wasn’t even there”

They’re letting people rag around on thousands of pounds worth of kit for not much money in return. I don’t think their rules are unfair. They could be more flexible for a bit more ball-ache their end, but it’s not a huge amount of money.

toppers3933
    Free Member

As it is ours to take the piss a bit.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Hokding you to a contract that you freely agreed to ?

The swines!
    ..and then offering you a fiver for you breaking the contract you made with them? Shocking.

midlifecrashes

An alternative view is that CRC have lost the opportunity to sell a new bike on the basis of demo ride, provided at subsidised rates. “Robbed” you have not been. “Libelled” is what you’ve done to CRC.

soobalias
    Free Member

I have an appointment….. absolutely no fault of my own…… completely out of my control

did CRC arrange the ‘appointment’
    are you incapable of accepting responsibility for your own life or just this particular ‘appointment’

cp

Two weeks later I have an appointment come in for the same date

invoice whoever made this appointment with you?

or choose not to make appointments that clash with stuff you’re committed too?

Totally see why CRC do it, otherwise it would be chaos with folk cancelling/not showing left right and centre.

absolutely no fault of my own.

It’s entirely your ‘fault’. grow some.

BoardinBob

Since when did you have to pay to demo bikes? Can’t remember ever doing that at a demo???

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Ha, the righteous ones.

Fix that for you OP.

You’re an idiot for even trying to think that you’re exempt from being held by T&Cs if something ‘out of your control’ happens.

andyrm
    Free Member

there is no option but to rant

Yes there is.

Accept it like an adult. Cheer up. Move on.

tomd
    Free Member

I’m very much on the side of CRC for this. If it’s not your fault an appointment came up it certainly isn’t CRCs fault. £15 is not a lot, and wouldn’t even cover the admin costs to deal with folk you calling them to whinge that you didn’t read the T&Cs.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Confusing thread and you really need to look up what the word robbed means
    here let me help

This thread has just robbed me of two minutes of my life and robbed you of dignity

Legoman
    Free Member

I find the idea of paying for demos a bit difficult to get my head around. I’ve never paid for one.

Imagine walking into a car showroom & being charged for a test drive

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Thread going how you expected OP?

bigjim

don’t ever book a holiday, OP…

themightymowgli
    Free Member

I shouldn’t have expected anything less DBW

boblo
    Free Member

Boo hoo. Robbed my arse. Why are CRC responsible for you diary clashes all of a sudden and why can’t you move the new, offending appointment?

Gerron with it yer big jessie. 🙂

thomthumb
    Free Member

these things are completely out of my control

you can choose which appointment to go to.

Trimix
    Free Member

March – well they could let you off and would probably still be able to make money demo’ing the bikes. Or give you a credit for next time, which would keep you as a happy customer and cost them nothing.

saynotobasemiles
    Free Member
    br
    Free Member

Hate to think what’d happen if you were ‘robbed’ of £50.

Write into Loose Women?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Hi,

I repsent a day time TV consumer issues issues programme and we’ll trot out any non-story pathetic tale of minor inconvenience to entertain the nearly dead and economically inctive I am deluighted to say our our editorial team would like to talk to you….to tell you to belt up, you big mary.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I N R A T S but

themightymowgli – Member

I have an appointment come in for the same date that I can’t get out of./quote]

Why is CRC meant to cover this?

jon1973
    Free Member

The boiling point of your pish is way too low.

Get a grip ya big jessie.

yes, this level of pish boiling should be reserved for when people use bad grammar on the STW chat forum.

climbingkev
    Free Member

Are you ok? Did they steal your wallet as well as your diary? How many were there? Did you read the T&C’s before walking down that dark alley? Are you for real?

bigyinn
    Free Member

I was all set to go to Japfest a few years ago, paid my mate for the ticket (£30ish) months before.
    Cue family event or similar and I wasn’t able to go. Wasnt able to sell it on, so £30 down the pan.

Sometimes life’s like that. Crying about it on here will get you ZERO sympathy from me.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Robbed by CRC due to Ts and Cs

You may feel robbed now, incorrectly, but I wonder how you’ll feel after CRC win the libel court case against you and take everything you own.

‘Robbed’ my arse. Man can’t organise life, expects others to pay for his ineptitude.

bianchiboy
    Free Member

Thats life man…and its too short at that.

deluded
    Free Member

You invited opinion and became churlish because you didn’t get the outrage at CRC you wanted. Look at the language you’ve used – its deliberately emotive, seemingly designed to influence us to sympathise with your position. CRC have been more than fair within the T&C’s and their subsequent offer of the fiver off some kit. Put this down to experience and forget about it.

madeupname
    Free Member

Seeing as they are such crooks you won’t be using them again, can I have your £5 voucher?

8)

tenacious_doug
    Free Member

Why’s it 7 days, the distance selling regs cool off period has been lengthened to 14 days, so you might just be able to claim on that regard.

Otherwise. Suck it up.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Robbed by CRC due to Ts and Cs’ is closed to new replies.