Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rob Warner from the freecastert days [NSFW]
  • daviek

Not heard some of these before!

a11y

Brilliant. I thought I’d heard most of the more famous/memorable RW quotes over the years already, but obviously not!

bigdaddy

Brilliant, that took me back…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leffeboy

freecaster was great days

reluctantjumper

You can see how his style evolved as the sport grew back in those days. I still remember the likes of the PinkBike users bemoaning his ‘sanitisation’ when RedBull took over, only took a few races for the old Warner to emerge but with no swearing 🤣

I thought I’d heard most of the more famous/memorable RW quotes over the years already, but obviously not!

The cast majority of them weren’t suitabke for repeating so they fell out of the mind!

zbonty

Fantastic! He’s definitely a bit more pro these days but he’s always has great fun with it

chestercopperpot
    Free Member

Vintage golf bag!

sharkattack

That’s exactly why Red Bull initially wanted nothing to do with him.

hooli

Ha ha, that made me chuckle

tomhoward

That’s exactly why Red Bull initially wanted nothing to do with him.

There’s a thought in the back of my mind that Discovery might think he’s still a bit too ‘Warner’ to risk. Or they are worried about what he’s already said in a ‘you said this 10 years ago, you’re clearly a monster’ kind of way.

leffeboy

He is great though.  When other commentators get a little too serious about it it doesn’t quite work.  He does manage to inject excitement into it which is  a skill

chiefgrooveguru

Brilliant! He’s been like a 21st century Murray Walker. Not sure if WC DH will feel exciting enough without someone like him commentating…

sharkattack

I fear that WCDH will be completely sterilised by Discovery. Either that or Extremified and dragged back to ‘extreme sports’ radical dudes nonsense. Just watch Rampage when it’s on ESPN or whatever. Absolute cringe.

mashr

If the World Champs (shown on GCN) are anything to go by, it wont be sterilised it’ll just be crap. Ric McLaughlin (EWS guy) just doesn’t seem to be a proper commentator, hopefully they have someone else lined up

Speeder

Utterly wonderful if a bit cringeworthy at times but seldom not funny. Them were the days.

Rob was trailing some interesting Redbull err things in his last broadcast so lets hope there’s something afoot.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.