Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)
  • Rob Colliver needs your help please
  • robcolliver
    Free Member

Hi – who knows of the lightest cover for a Nexus 4 telephone. I’m getting a phone for this crazy race across the States and am learning to work it, but it needs a cover.

The phone will live in one of the feeedbags on the stem for easy reach so I can get a good photo record of the race.

I know its an old phone…… can you suggest a lightweight cover to add a little protection?

scaredypants

I’m sorry, scaredypants is unable to advise 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/a4FxhUA0SKM[/video]

ajantom

Ajantom suggests – get some neoprene and make a lightweight cover for it?

letmetalktomark

Letmetalktomark agrees with Ajantom that a pouch approach would probably be best with a screen protector applied.

nealglover
    Free Member

Nealglover agrees that neoprene makes sense. But thinks that buying one would be easier than making one.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Carry-Case-LG-Nexus-E960/dp/B00AHXRFWQ

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Muppetwrangler suggests not using a cover as he thinks they will only protect the cosmetic appearance of the phone unless you use a bulky cover. He also thinks that if you really must use a cover then a combination of screen protector and a cycling sock will be fine.

IdleJon

IdleJon is too idle to reply.

ajantom

Ajantom agrees with Nealglover that for £3.99 it would make sense to buy that one.

jkomo

Jkomo suggests looking at the topeak case/ handlebar mount combo’s.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I am groot

IdleJon

I am groot too. And so is my wife.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cynic-al says even the heavy ones weigh **** all.

Bregante

Bregante likes this.

shaggy

Shaggy thinks that not carrying a phone would be lighter.

km79
    Free Member

Rob who?

nealglover
    Free Member

I am groot too. And so is my wife.

You’re my wife now.

wrecker
    Free Member

Wrecker is wondering who rob colliver is.

jekkyl

jekkyl suggests bringing out the stance picture!

Cheezpleez

I am Spartacus!

wordnumb
    Free Member

km79 asked> Rob who?

Wordnumb answers> Rob Cauliflower. Do try to keep up.

psycorp
    Free Member

Psycorp has read your mind OP.

Psycorp wishes he hadn’t.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Muppetwrangler thanks Jekkyl for his suggestion but feels he isn’t sufficiently emotionally grounded to see that photo at the present time.

jekkyl

Jekkyl suggests that since Wrecker doesn’t know who Robcolliver is he needs a lesson….

chakaping
    Free Member

Chakaping suggests a plastic freezer bag and keeping the phone in a jersey pocket.

shermer75
    Free Member

Shermer75 thinks that most new phones are waterproof now anyway

njee20
    Free Member

Njee20 thinks Rob may have got more answers if he’d put a more descriptive and less narcissistic thread title!

wordnumb
    Free Member

Wordnumb considers a Pamplona joke.

senorj

Senor J agrees with chakaping.

mrhoppy

Matt Damon

funkmasterp

FunkmasterP refers to himself in the third person and thinks Mr Cauliflower should take a camera and some spare change instead.

scotroutes

Not Rob C. Olliver then?

jimbobo
    Free Member

sandwich bag with silica gel bag.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

crashtestmonkey agrees with Senor J in endorsing Chapaking’s suggestion. Although jimbobo’s addition of a silica gel pouch is a neat one that crashtestmonkey has used to stop allegedly stainless steel multitools rotting in saddlebags.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Man wearing bibshorts like a super heroes underpants finally admits help is required ?sanitorium beckons

JoeG
    Free Member

JoeG thinks that robcauliflower’s question is pointless as the subject matter of the proposed photos will certainly cause failure of any phone’s camera!

robcolliver
    Free Member

Well that gave me a great chuckle (maybe seeing the piccie again was off topic), and thanks for the replies – the silica sack is a great idea.

The solution of a cycling sock has now turned into my solution of using a soft sunglasses bag – it is silky and has a drawstring and weighs bugger all.

Tested it yesterday on a 90 miler and got some good piccies. It tucks in one of the feedbags perfectly!

I just need to learn about SIM cards that let your telephone work in the USA and the tech side of the race is wrapped up.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well that gave Rob Colliver a great chuckle (maybe seeing the piccie again was off topic), and thanks for the replies – the silica sack is a great idea.

The solution of a cycling sock has now turned into Rob Colliver’s solution of using a soft sunglasses bag – it is silky and has a drawstring and weighs bugger all.

Tested it yesterday on a 90 miler and got some good piccies. It tucks in one of the feedbags perfectly!

Rob Colliver just needs to learn about SIM cards that let your telephone work in the USA and the tech side of the race is wrapped up.

Fixed that for you.

😀

qtip

chakaping fixed that for you.

qtip fixed that for you

scaredypants

qtip fixed that for chakaping

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Rob Colliver needs your help please’ is closed to new replies.