Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Roam or Bolt?
  • reeksy

I’ve been offered a crash replacement price (40% off) a Wahoo Bolt or Roam.
    I’m fairly happy with the Bolt, find it easy to use, like the mapping function etc, but would love to hear from people who have had both whether the Roam is worth a bit extra cash.
    (As opposed to reading reviews on websites that I’m never sure I can trust).
    TIA

reeksy

Thanks for that. Almost too much detail!

tails
    Free Member

Tss as me it he rates it or he’d of just left a 1 star google review

trailwagger
    Free Member

I understand the advantages of the roam but would stick with the bolt just because I prefer the size. Oh, and its moar aero innit.

argee

The author of that review needs to understand that a story has a beginning, middle and most importantly, an end!

I’ve got the roam, struggled with it at the start, but understanding what it does a bit better it’s a great tool for what i do, the maps are good for me, again i wanted OS to start with, but have changed my opinion now, same with the features, if you get it, just have a play and learn to understand it, i use it for ‘roaming’ about on the bike, saving routes, getting info on the ride and so on, i’m no roadie or strava lover, so don’t touch that stuff, but the roam isn’t really a roadie GPS, it’s for those who like hunting about.

One thing to learn fast is turning the volume or automatic stop feature to off, when you’re in deep woods it’ll drop out several times, or if you’re sluggishly going up a steep hill at 2mph it’ll do the same, that ability to not here the noise of it going off and on saves your sanity!

reeksy

Yes, the beeping drove me nuts with the Bolt, too. I noticed that without a speed sensor fitted it would under record my distance compared to friend’s Garmins or phones. Now I have a sensor it pauses less in steep / canopied territory and actually records longer distances.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Roam or Bolt?’ is closed to new replies.