Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Roadie Tools?
  • smartay

Hi all

When i take the mtb out i pack the kitchen sink in the form of tools and spares etc, but when i see roadies out they appear to carry absolutely nothing in the way of spares or tools.
    Now owning a road bike as well I am the only one with aback pack!!

Whats the secret?

cynic-al
    Free Member

less crashes etc less goes wrong.

Tiger6791

I take the same on both

multi tool, tube, pump

What more do you need?

cynic-al
    Free Member

tyre levers, chain tool…

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

On big rides I carry two tubes, Tyre levers, split link and a multi tool. Tbh that’s all that’s needed. Smaller rides I leave the multi tool at home. I make sure the bike is tip top before I leave and that’s it really. There’s not a lot to go wrong on a road bike and they take a lot less of a battering compared to there MTB cousins.

druidh
    Free Member

The other thing is that if something catastrophic goes wrong, you are going to be more easily “rescued” on a road than in the middle of some mountains.

Having said that, a lot of trail centre riders also seem to manage to pack a whole workshops worth of spares with them.

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

As above ^^^

Co2, Tube, tyre lever and small multitool is all you really need. Bike is regularly maintained and have never needed to use multitool and had my first puncture today for over a year and that wad only because there was no call for pot hole in front of me.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Multitool (Which includes tyre levers and a chain tool), pump, co2 and a tube. Water bottle on the frame, the rest in my jersey pockets. Job done. Short mountain bike rides are the same tbh.

cynic-al
    Free Member

druidh – Member
    Having said that, a lot of trail centre riders also seem to manage to pack a whole workshops worth of spares with them.

Well they do have to fill those oversized back-packs! Heathens!

We are better than they are!

Ladders
    Free Member

If its winter then I take a decent mini pump (nothing worse than those useless toy ones) spare tube, spoke key, multi tool and tyre levers. If its a summer ride, the same less the multi tool

Also take my wallet and snacks just incase!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Roadie Tools?’ is closed to new replies.