Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Roadie saddle on an mtb?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Does anyone do this, use a road style saddle on their mountain bike? Any reason why not to?

aracer
    Free Member

SLR on mine if that’s roadie enough for you.

The main obvious reason not to is that the riding position is different – most people tend to sit a lot more upright on a mountain bike.

parkesie
    Free Member

If it fits i sits.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rOcKeTdOg

I use the same on every bike as it fits my backside

Nobby

rOcKeTdOg – Member
    I use the same on every bike as it fits my backside

This.

mashiehood
    Free Member

SLR flow on both – no issues

schmiken

I have a Fizik Aliante on every bike regardless of use – it fits my bum so why not?

njee20
    Free Member

Used to use Toupes on the MTB, but they’re quite pointy at the back, which hurts if you crash, and I snapped several – the shells are relatively fragile.

SLRs wear through in no time IME – I’d get through the cover in a year.

Sam

I used to use San Marco Zoncolans on everything, but they stopped making them… I now have a selection of Fizik saddle mostly… But in answer to your question, no there is no particular reason not to use a road saddle on an mtb so long as you find it comfortable.

aracer
    Free Member

Tape on the nose of mine and worn through sides which I don’t worry about too much. No problem with the rest and functionality trumps aesthetics.

njee20
    Free Member

Don’t disagree, but just pointing out they’re fragile, whilst the MTB version is tougher. That said, I actually didn’t find Spesh Phenoms any better and still wore through the cover, but they didn’t go as tatty quite so quickly. Bontrager Evoke has lasted much better though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Roadie saddle on an mtb?’ is closed to new replies.