Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Roadie question – new bar tape
  • DT78
    Free Member

in white, whats good / lasts well. Current white tape is starting to look tatty after 3000miles.

Red tinsel runs and stains I’ve found out.

Any recommendations? In the sales would be a bonus

globalti
    Free Member

White?

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

my recommendation would be black.

Haze

Fizik Microtex.

Couldn’t find stock last time so opted for Zipp Service Course. Very comfy but a bit of a pain to keep clean.

MikeWW
    Free Member

This whire bar tape is easy to clean and works well. Had it on my cross bikes for 2 years

nosaintangel
    Free Member

done well to keep it tidy for 3k .ok for pro’s or sponsered riders.
    but black is the way to go.

IanW
    Free Member

Fizik Superlight Classic on all my bikes, the commuter bike is white and the bits that haven’t been scuffed of by **** in cars are still white after 18 months of regular use.

DT78
    Free Member

I didn’t have any real problems to be honest, I try to only ride the road in the dry, it was riding xmas day with red tinsel and getting caught in pouring rain that’s finished it off. They’ve got a nice pink highlight to them.

I reckon replacing the tape once a season isn’t too bad?

Was looking at the fizik stuff as it matches the saddle so good to hear it lasts

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Lizard Skins DSP.
    Great kit IMHO.

OCB
    Free Member

Soma Zesty has always worked well for me.
    (Assuming you can find it, and you can live with the DPM pattern/colours).

mrblobby
    Free Member

Fizik on the summer bike. Some Spesh Roubaix on the winter which is actually rather nice. Never had white on for very long though!

crikey
    Free Member

White bar tape cleans up easily, just scrub it when washing your bike. People who get dirty bar tape must be riding in grubby gloves…

Take it off, chuck it in the washing machine, hang on radiator, replace for the full deep clean.

damascus
    Free Member

White is so pro (because the mechanics change it for them)

LardLover
    Free Member

Lizard Skins DSP +1 (but black for heaven’s sake 😉 )

Thread closed

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

+ another 1 for DSP

No idea how it fares in white as I wasnt that silly

YoKaiser
    Free Member

White Fizik tape for me to, can’t remember the type but it has a white shiny glossy finish to it.

simondbarnes

DSP

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

I’ve used Fizik in the past but I recently retaped my bars in Giants SLR tape which seems as good but cheaper and a little easier to wrap.

tom200

+1 for the fizik stuff, can’t remember what sort, but it cleans up nicely and is quite cheap. Not very comfy though.

takisawa2

Well, it would be distinctive…

mrmo
    Free Member

white fizik.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

White Fizik replaced every two years, easy peazy.

t_p
    Free Member

Definitely go Fizik. If you use their microtex stuff it is real easy to clean although it’s pretty thin so not for everyone. I use it on the summer bike and love it! Not sure about white though. Even if you try to clean it I always find it looks grubby very quickly. My advice would be to try and colour match with the bike.

Bazz

After a mid winter colour scheme change i’ve been using cheapo planet x white cork bar tape and it’s staying clean no problem at all (only 2 months so far) but at £4 i’m not going to complain if it only lasts a year. Damn comfy too, whats not to like?

schmiken

Black ESI – not cheap but mega comfy and lasts really well.

sputnik
    Free Member

I’ve used Lizzard Skin DSP- nice n comfy but didn’t last .
    Same with Zipp Service Course.
    Currently using Fizik Performance Tacky and it’s my favourite.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Roadie question – new bar tape’ is closed to new replies.