Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Roadie compatibility question(s)
  • MarkiMark
    Free Member

I have a Campag Veloce equipped bike. The limiting factor when I think about upgrades is the Campy specific rear free wheel body. If I want to move slowly to Shimano kit then first off I’m thinking of a Dura-Ace or Ultegra chainset. Can I run a Shimano chainset with Campag everything else? If so, and I get what the press refer to as an “11 speed chainset” will this be OK with my current 10 speed setup until I move to 11 speed gears. Advice please.

aP
    Free Member

Just wait till its worn out then replace it all otherwise by the time you’ve got round to everything you’ll have to start over again.
    Why not just upgrade to Chorus along the way instead?

glupton1976
    Free Member

If they wait until Veloce is worn out they’ll be needing a new frame and new knees and hips.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

As Glupton says…

But yes, you can run any make of chainset with Campag other stuff. Though, to be fair it doesn’t really soften the blow that much, as next time you’ll be needing the cassette, mechs and shifters (and a new chain anyway too).

And 11 speed will be fine on your 10 speed.

And the Campy fanbois will ridicule you for the sheer indignity of mixing Shim and Campy!

thomthumb
    Free Member

The limiting factor when I think about upgrades is the Campy specific rear free wheel body.

is it?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Roadie compatibility question(s)’ is closed to new replies.