Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Roadie Back Pocket Bag Thing
  • Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

http://www.rapha.cc/essentials-case

Like this, but not £45 plus postage. Any suggestions?

I currently stuff a v small Specialized saddle bag in my back pocket because it rubbed the inside of my thighs when attached to the post. It’s a tad bulky though.

njee20
    Free Member

Freezer bag/swimming hat/carrier bag, whichever comes to hand first.

Perhaps phone in a sunglasses bag (inside one of the aforementioned waterproof solutions) to give it a bit more protection.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

One of these:

http://www.jerseybin.com

Cycle Surgery sell them as well.

JRTG
    Free Member

Check eBay, my new rapha one cost £20

Speshpaul
    phil.w
    Free Member

ZipVit jersey pouch £2.99 or currently free with orders over £10

EDIT: 30secs to slow 🙂

r0bh
    Free Member

I use an Ortlieb document case that I’ve had for about 10 years now and is still watertight.

http://www.needlesports.com/Catalogue/Accessories/Map-Cases-Document-Bags-Wallets/Document-Case-ORT-DOC#.UUH83lcSB1M

mogrim

Zip-lock freezer bag. Cheap, waterproof, folds down to the size of whatever you’re carrying…

Really can’t see the point of spending money on anything else tbh.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

One of those plastic cases came free on cycling plus this month.

Lezyne do one IIRC, possibly already stuffed with tools. I keep meaning to get one, but find a tiny (0.2l) saddle bag more practical.

rossi46
    Free Member

£45 😯
    For a posh purse 😯 😯

stever
    Free Member
    davetrave
    Free Member

Got both JerseyBin and Lezyne Caddy Sack.

The JerseyBin’s fine for a quick blast, when carrying just phone and a few coins, if not carrying any tools, etc. Use the Lezyne for longer rides as it’ll neatly hold everything in one pocket rather than cramming bits in every pocket and stuff then hiding away at the bottom of the pockets (for a better explanation see the rules).

Also, both a bit more robust than a zip lock bag and therefore more environmentally friendly in the long term than discarding plastic bags every few rides. Or something…

Gary_M
    Free Member

ZipVit jersey pouch £2.99 or currently free with orders over £10

Or free with this months cycling plus.

footflaps

I cannot believe that anyone spends £45 on a purse for a cycling jersey!

scotroutes

For only another £5 you could enter a Sportive!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Its hardly the biggest extravagance in the world though is it.

bigblackshed

BigXTop

I might have a prototype hip pouch in black for sale. I’m trying to justify keeping it, but I’ve never used it in 18 months.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was just thinking that, my wallet probably cost half that so for something a bit niche and well made it’s probably not too bad a price.

bentudder

If you bought a Thomson post and still have the bag it came in, they’re plenty tough.
    I cut mine in half, and turned the top half inside out and stitched it across the bottom, making a small drawstring bag. The other half I’ve hung onto and will, when I get a moment and access to a sewing machine, add a loop to so I can thread a drawcord through to make a second bag.

kcr
    Free Member

Lots of cheap pocket sized dry bags available if you want something more durable than a sandwich bag.

footflaps

I have a old sunglasses pouch for inner tube + levers and a ziplock bag for phone and cash.

MarginWalker
    Free Member

I’ve been using one of these drybags for about 4 years, everyday whether I’m on the bike or not!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Exped-100-Waterproof-UltraLite-Lightweight-DryBag-XXS-1-Litre-Lime-Colour-/380558450733?pt=UK_SportingGoods_BackpacksRucksacks_Bags_EH&hash=item589b0d202d

Great for waterproofing on the bike or keeping all my crap together when I’m not.

gazc
    Free Member

i use an eyemask/earplug/facetowel bag i got free on an emirates flight a few years ago with my phone in a plastic bag inside it. otherwise everything gets double bagged in resealable food bags if i cant find it. £45 for a purse is daft (unless you’re a girl in which its slightly less daft)

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Lezyne Caddy Sack here… Does the job perfectly.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I have a old sunglasses pouch for inner tube + levers and a ziplock bag for phone and cash.

this^ but put mobile phone and credit card in separate plastic bag.

Speshpaul

Yea what a loser! i wouldn’t drop less than 50 notes on a jey roadie bag 😆

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Roadie Back Pocket Bag Thing’ is closed to new replies.