Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)
  • Roadie abuse.
  • MrWoppit
    Free Member

Cycling home last night, me on my Brompton. At a three-way junction. Lights red against me. In front, a roadie on a racing bike properly kitted out all the skintight gear with legs like brick outhouses, crouched and ready to rock.

I cycled past him and, as there was nothing coming in any direction, carried on across the junction.

About 200 yards further on, I saw in my rear-view mirror that the lights had changed and that he was charging up at some speed.

As he drew level (and very close) with me, he shouted “TIT!” at the top of his voice and sped off.

Gosh. I wonder if he’s there again this evening…

alfabus
    Free Member

Tit

druidh
    Free Member

He’s right though.

DezB
    Free Member

You’re saying you went through a red light and got called a tit for it?
    Sounds fair.

matt_outandabout

turtleheading
    Free Member

agreed. it was pretty titish! jumping red lights pisses motorists off, who then take it out on us. oh, and its illegal as well

pebblebeach
    Free Member

He’s wrong, you’re a fanny.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If I see someone on a Brompton on my comute home tonight I’m going to call them a tit just in case.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Thats one of the main reasons car drivers hate cyclists, you TIT!

BTW anyobe who rides a Brompton is a TIT as well, so he may not be concerned with your lack of respect to the rules of the road.

Doubt this is a troll because would you mention you were riding a Brompton?

coffeeking
    Free Member

Far too obvious trolling!

theteaboy
    Free Member

I was nearly mown down by a Bromptonite running a red light the other day.

I was overcome with an attack of northern-ness and called him a d!ckhead.

allthepies
    Free Member

Kicking back in the office on a slow Friday afternoon eh Woppit 🙂

Bregante

Sounds like he had a point.

donsimon
    Free Member

As he drew level (and very close) with me, he shouted “TIT!” at the top of his voice and sped off.

You appear to not have finished your post. Are you saying that you agree or disagree with said roadie?

dallas95
    Free Member

Whats the relevance that he was

a roadie on a racing bike properly kitted out all the skintight gear with legs like brick outhouses,

???

He was another cyclist who is probably fed up of getting the “all cyclists ride through red lights and on pavements scareing kids” shit.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Far too obvious trolling!

True, but he’s still a fanny.

xterramac
    Free Member

If charity muggers are know as chuggers, then surely you are a Bunt

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

You jumped a red light! i hope you get a ticket and a £50 fine! that will teach you.

rogg
    Free Member

I saw a roadie jump a red light a couple of nights back.
    I gave him a very firm stare.
    I bet he’s feeling pretty small now, yes siree.

crankbreaker

Sounds like he was annoyed to have lost some points… http://www.itsnotarace.org/

DezB
    Free Member

I think maybe he was said roadie…

druidh
    Free Member

Ah – I think I misunderstood.

I missed the bit about going through the red light and assumed he was commenting on the OPs mode of transport.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Maybe he was alerting you to a girl on the pavement who’d had a wardrobe malfunction?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

😆

kayak23

I saw in my rear-view mirror

Sigh…. 🙄

unklehomered
    Free Member

Good on him, I think its time all cyclists took action against the knobbers in our community who give fuel to the clarksonesque flamers…

Gary_M
    Free Member

Attention Seeker.

unklehomered
    Free Member

I saw in my rear-view mirror

Now i saw this but initially just assumed Brombtons come with one… and probably a drinks holder for your weak lemon drink.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

In the eyes of the Roadie you have done something wrong and he’s had a pop at you.

Is not like you’ve never done that aye?

They don’t call you Mr WoppTIT for nothing you know

meehaja
    Free Member

In fairness I like to think of my legs as tree trunks rather than out houses..

Dobbo

I think you’re dead cool, I love lawbreakers. Respect.

johnners
    Free Member

If I see someone on a Brompton on my comute home tonight ever I’m going to call them a tit just in case.

Solo
    Free Member

If I see someone on a Brompton on my comute home tonight I’m going to call them a tit just in case

Junkyard
    Free Member

You really are a Rebel without a Pause

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Solo – what is your problem? Seriously now. Are you still hurt that I didn’t get you involved in a SITS team last year?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“I saw in my rear-view mirror”

Now i saw this but initially just assumed Brombtons come with one… and probably a drinks holder for your weak lemon drink.

I saw this and assumed deliberate trolling.

And also Woppit’s need for the masochist satisfying attention-seeking that comes with self-gratifying emotional abuse.

duckman

With apologies to woppit for them having the word “priest” oh and “Judas” in the title.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L397TWLwrUU&ob=av2e[/video]

Ignore the people slagging you off Woppit, I think recumbents are dead cool; Bromptons ARE recumbents,right?

crikey
    Free Member

Did he have a laser?

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Ignore the people slagging you off Woppit, I think recumbents are dead cool; Bromptons ARE recumbents,right?

Yes it was important for him that he should mention he was on his Brompton, despite the fact that it is completely irrelevant to the story, as it knew it would guarantee a higher level of abuse.

Likewise his reference to his “rear-view” mirror, presumably as opposed to his makeup mirror.

binners

A brompton and a Lycra clad roadie? A pair of tits, surely? 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 72 total)

The topic ‘Roadie abuse.’ is closed to new replies.