Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 249 total)
  • Road World Champs in Yorkshire
  • weeksy

Not on Eurosport either till tonight? Wtf.

I like world superbikes but surprising not to see it on Eurosport 2

taxi25
    Free Member

Turned it off already 🙁🙁 seriously thinking of goung out for a ride myself…….but maybe not 💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦💦

leffeboy

the crowds are amazing for such shit weather.  Chapeau to everyone who is out.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Back live on tv now… 👏

Jeeze… looks grim doesn’t it.

rt60
    Free Member

Dennis sat on the front on a bright red BMC! I wonder why he got a difficult reputation? At least his TT bike was blacked out

johnx2
    Free Member

Went out for a couple of minutes earlier to give ’em a shout as they shot by and can confirm that it is indeed grim out there. Disappointing about Buttertubs but I’d not fancy the tricky descent today.

Mainly though I’m feeling grateful to the UCI for organising the men’s elite race for today. I’m confident that everyone who raced the 3peaks cyclo-cross a couple of weeks ago (brought forward to avoid a clash) will agree…

eddie11
    Free Member

Roads before and after buttertubs are under feet of water. Its not safe to travel never mind send a sporting event over there. It’s not just the descents a bit wet. I was shocked how bad cray was and that’s pretty low

leffeboy

What’s the story with the camera coverage being stopped for an hour?  I thought they said it was to refuel the motos but I can’t imagine that it can’t be staggered.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

It’s to refuel the relay plane apparently.

leffeboy

That would make more sense, thanks

leffeboy

so now I want to know how an aircraft flies to cover all the motorbikes.  Thanks to the wonders of the internet I need wonder no longer:

https://vimeo.com/226424323

tpbiker
    Free Member

What was going on with rochelle’s jacket? Does she think she’s off for a night out on the town rather than commentating on a bike race.

chakaping
    Free Member

Valverde has pulled out then, what a shame.

rt60
    Free Member

A mates comment was she looks like she is auditioning for Frozen

weeksy

Wow, VdP exploded!!!! Shocked there.

snotrag

MVP bonked!

And I love Boardmans explanation – “Double leg puncture”!

I’ve had a few of those myself!

Klunk
    Free Member

6 & half hours in that no wonder it was a slowmo sprint 🙂

congrats to all those that finished 🙂

weeksy

That was a turn up! Didn’t expect it in the last few km.

lunge

Tao looks absolutely destroyed.

Klunk
    Free Member

funny old race really with some odd team picks from all countries. if it was a classic’s race theres no way you’d take some of these riders (e.g. Adam Yates wonderful rider but next to useless in the circumstances) .

kilo

es. e.g. Adam Yates wonderful rider but next to useless in the circumstances) .

Fourth in the years LBL and won the one day San Sabastian Classic?

Good race, glad to see the Dane get the sprint after VdeP popped, shame the weather truncated the course, and the BBC post race interviews were pretty dire.

Klunk
    Free Member

Fourth in the years LBL and won the one day San Sabastian Classic?

but everyone in the team rides for him in those…. he’s not domestiquing/chasing down attacks for Luke Durbridge (on in this case Ben Swift)

bikebouy
    Free Member

ATMOSPHERIC Worlds !!

Awesome effort by all the volunteers, Marshall’s, Police, Barrier shifters, medics, support crew, Riders and especially the FANS !!

A few clips from Norwegian/Belgian/Dutch corner… (I didn’t take any of the riders as the came through, mainly because they were so quick)

And…

kilo

At the risk of derailing the that. True but he’s a quality rider at one day and gt’ so probably pretty capable of domestiquing and chasing stuff down – not that it was needed today!

bikebouy
    Free Member

We saw MvdP come through Dutch corner and he looked shot ! The fans went typically berserk 🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳🤪

He did lift a hand to them 👍👍👍

crazy-legs

@bikebouy – everytime I drove through Dutch Corner, it was mental (in a good way). Just incredible atmosphere!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Thanks for your help!! Man, it’s guys like you who made this event happen.

Hope you all get to enjoy this evenings events… 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍🔥

senorj

I laughed at the double leg puncture comment. I do like Mr Boardman.
    I reckon the lady with the jacket, “pulled” last night and didn’t get back to her hotel to change.
    The lack of hills did for Yates.
    Good to know Van de Poel is human too.
    Really enjoyed it despite Clare Balding.

ton

fantastic event in such conditions.

ideal mtbing weather, but 6+ hours on the road in that…… grim

i dont think we realise how tough these blokes are. respect to em all.

slowoldman

Thank God there was a race on the telly. I nearly had to go out for a ride in the rain.

igm

Just back from Harrogate. Wet. Cold. Busy.
    We did spend a fair amount time in the Tempur mattress shop with Callum Skinner, Rollapaluza, a TV, and an excellent view of the circuit.
    Great day.

bikebouy
    Free Member

We’re doing the bloody crossword, got most of them and one left (the white wines kicked in and we’re a bit pissed)

6 Across – “eight Tour stages” ?? 5 letters, 4th letter A

Help?

TiRed

Just back from three and a half hours in the wind (dodged the rain). VdP was two gels from being world champion, but I thought the Dane had it all the way, myself. Big diesel and youth on his side. Sagan should have gone a lap earlier, but he didn’t look to bothered – already having three jerseys of his own.

Rather enjoyed the conditions from my lounge. I’ve raced in as bad and when the hypothermia sets in it’s a shocker! Never seen my HR tank like it before or since.

martinhutch

6 Across – “eight Tour stages” ?? 5 letters, 4th letter A

Help?

Guessing: Sagan?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Guessing: Sagan?

Ashamed !! The Mrs says I should be ashamed of myself… 🤪

Call myself a cycling fan? Hardly 🤷‍♂️🥳🥳

Thanks dude.

👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

scaredypants

VdP was two gels from being world champion

That was quite a “stop” button wasn’t it ⛽

Funny, seemed to have his approach otherwise just right in all of the bits I saw – no smashing off the front except at “the break”, sitting in a bit like Sagan was (and who I also thought might be right up there).

Bunnyhop

We went out riding in the rain, just to get a feel of what those racers were going through.

So sad for Gilbert.

As for Yates, He’s one of the best riders in the world, he did the job he was supposed to do. I’m a huge fan. He’s a wee guy and anyone of that build and height would have struggled at the end of a busy Grand Tour season.

sparksmcguff

Crazy-legs – out of interest how did you get you’re driving gig? Were you there as a Yorkshire volunteer. I was hoping my German would get me into a slightly more exciting role.

djglover
    Free Member

Brilliant day, Crescent Gardens was great spot with screen and pub.

null

crazy-legs

Crazy-legs – out of interest how did you get you’re driving gig? Were you there as a Yorkshire volunteer.

No, we were “employed” outside of the Volunteer system.

I’ve been doing it for years at National level events (Lincoln GP, Beaumont Trophy, Junior Tour of Wales – basically most of the BC National Series road events) and then about 3 years ago I did the UCI Drivers Course.
    As you do more and more of the races, you get to know the Commissaires and event organisers and if you don’t screw things up too much they’ll always ask you back and recommend you to others cos good reliable drivers who actually understand bike racing are very useful.

Did Tour de Yorkshire earlier this year and it’s more or less the same people and same fleet provider for this.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 249 total)

The topic ‘Road World Champs in Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.