Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Road Wheels for big people
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

Open Pros on Ultegra hubs here. Don’t feel any heavier than my previous reduced spoke wheels, ride really smoothly and top quality. And personally I prefer the look of traditional spokes wheels.

ransos
    Free Member

I’ve used 32 hole mavic open pro rims on 3 cross for everything from cx to heavy touring. I’m sure my weight and panniers weighs more than you.

+1. I toured and commuted on a set for years.

funkrodent

6’4″ & 17 stone here. Have ridden bikes with Aksium, Ksyrium, and a range of cheap mavic rims on various hubs and never had a problem with strength. Only ones I didn’t like were the standard ones fitted to a CAAD8 that I bought a few years back. Other than that never an issue and I’m not known for my tlc when it comes to wheels (or bikes for that matter..)

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

I’m around 100kg have never considered rider weight when buying wheels, I just buy the nicest that I can afford at the time and have never broken more than a couple of spokes in 30 years of riding including fully (over)loaded tours. I can’t remember the last time I had to true any wheel and I’m almost certain that I’ve not had to true my road wheels in ten years.

Currently got 20 spoke aksium’s on my road bike and they’re absolutely fine.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Road Wheels for big people’ is closed to new replies.