• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by gren.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Road vs mtb saddles?
  • FOG

Is there any realistic difference between saddles for the 2 disciplines? I have just bought a new road bike which has a saddle like the proverbial razor. I have had a lot more mtb saddles than road so know more what to expect so is there any reason I shouldn’t just stick on an mtb saddle I am familiar with [apart from roadie snobbery of course]?

AD

I use the same saddles (WTB) on my road and mountain bikes. Can’t recall any roadies giving me any stick for it…

drofluf
    Free Member

Same saddles for me too, either Brooks B17 or Swift

Frankenstein
    Free Member

I found my road bike saddles are lighter, former while the mtb saddles I use are burly and rugged.

If I weighed 60kg (lol) then I would a road saddle on any discipline.

eshershore
    Free Member

Different saddles on my MTB (spesh romin 143mm carbon) and roadie (S-works power 143mm).

Different saddles as the fit on each bike is very different.

The road bike is setup with aggressive drop which I can comfortably tolerate with the power saddle which is ideal for a forward position without soft tissue (perinaeum) contact.

The MTB is a 29’er with negative rise stem and flat bars, but ultimately a minimal drop – the romin works great in that respect and gives a great locked position to push against when grinding up steep climbs, but also allows a slight fore/aft shift if required whereas the Power saddle offers one position

gren
    Free Member

Same saddle on both mine – Selle Italia Flite. Only difference is the one on my road bike has a cutout to help with things getting a little more squashed in the lower position.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Road vs mtb saddles?’ is closed to new replies.