Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road tyre advice/suggestion
  • lunge

Morning all. I have £40 credit to spend on a pair of road tyres at planet x. They have annoyingly sold out of Schwslbe Ultremo’s and Michelin pro 3’s. My options appear to be:
    Challenge Forte Open
    Vittoria Rubino Pro 3
    Maxxis Columbiere

As I have never ridden any of these does anyone have an opinion on them?

lunge

Bump.

RickyRah
    Free Member

I personally think Rubino Pros are crap. I’ve had a set on over the winter and they were slippy as you like. I was spinning the back wheel on standing climbs in the dry. No punctures in 6 months though. I’ve just gone back to my summer tyres (GP4000s’) and the difference is night and day.

Can’t comment on any of the others unfortunately.

play
    Free Member

Try a pair of Mitch Krylions. I think you can get a good deal on ebay.

Shorty121
    Free Member

If you read his post it says ” I have £40 credit to spend on a pair of road tyres at planet x”

lunge

Thanks so far, RickyRah, interesting thoughts on the Rubino’s as they were my first choice.

Anyone else had any experience of the other tyres? The Challenge tyres look particually interesting.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Due to my love/hate relationship with my road bike it’s got some 25mm Schwalbe Blizzards at the moment (I was having a hate day when I bought them clearly). They’re black, circular and haven’t punctured yet. They do spin on ironworks and do feel a little sketchy when really pushed over, but only when I’m deliberately trying to upset them on an off camber 30mph corner. But they’re wearing really well, they’re comfortable, even on A and unclassifide roads (anyone else have the strange disparity that A roads near them are horribly chewed up, unclassifide roads are rough but a price worth paying for trafic free riding but B-roads are like billiard tables?). And I don’t care if they get cut up after just a couple of 1000 miles as they didn’t cost me £40/£60/80 a pair (about £20, for the kevlar version!).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road tyre advice/suggestion’ is closed to new replies.