• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by IWH.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road trip ideas…
  • kona_uk
    Free Member

I am thinking along the lines of……my car, bike, tent and one months salary and just buggering off for a while…

Looking at doing a few trail centres, but not sure whether to do Wales or Scotland… any inspiration or ideas ???

Looking to do it either in May or September…and upto 2 weeks long.

Guilliano
    Free Member

How about a tour of all the 7 stanes, followed by a tour of all the welsh centres????

rickmeister

Why stay in the UK? Spain…. French Alps…. Lake Garda…. seriously, get into Europe….. think of the food, beer, weather…..

kona_uk
    Free Member

I was thinking of either wales or scotland, I’m based in Worcs and the driving for both would be a bit too much IMO…

Anyone else done a tour of the 7 stanes etc ?

Just brainstorming at the moment…

fubar
    Free Member

Scotish Isles ?

kona_uk
    Free Member

The reason for trail centres and the UK is that I will be doing it solo and I’m not very good with maps ! 😳

RichPenny
    Free Member

Drive to the Alps. Go through Burgundy, come back via the maritime alps, the pyrenees and then bordeaux. If I had a month off, I’d be doing this. You can buy loads of burgundy on your way there, drink that until you get to the loire, and so on…

IWH
    Free Member

Just load up the car with what you’ll need (tent, sleeping bag, bike, spares and clothing) and drive.

A couple of years ago my Girlfriend at the time and I did the same thing with no plan beyond getting to Glasgow and spent a very happy 3 weeks touring Scotland taking it day by day. over 500 miles on the bikes, camping every night, cooking whatever we could find fresh locally.

Do it, don’t plan too far in advance, take lots of pictures, have a fantastic time 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road trip ideas…’ is closed to new replies.