Road Training Camps /Holidays in Nice/Cote d'Azur area

Home Forum Bike Forum Road Training Camps /Holidays in Nice/Cote d'Azur area

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Road Training Camps /Holidays in Nice/Cote d'Azur area
  • corundum

Hi all,

Looking for a roadie training camp or holiday company based in Nice or in the general Cote d’Azur area – i’ve done the usual google searches and the only things that seem to come up are peoples blogs of self guided trips they’ve done in the area no dedicated tour operators or companies. Thought i’d ask the singletrack minds and see if anyone has any experience of any trips or could point me in the direction of companies that operate in the area. I was hoping for something along the lines of the trips that are offered in the alps, ie week long itineraries with support and catering etc. Any help, pointers or suggestions appreciated.
    Cheers

I was going to suggest the ones that Stephen Roche is involved with but on googling it seems his packages are based out of Mallorca now.

Maybe this http://cyclecotedazur.com/ though?

No idea if they are good or not

Premier Icon DoctorRad
    Subscriber

Drop Ash at Trans-Provence a line, he’ll probably know someone. He does off-road guiding in the area himself, absolutely fantastic riding down there.

corundum

Thanks for the replies,

One of my preliminary searches brought up the Stephen Roche camps, like you said Mallorca based (like alot of the operators seem to be or tenerife), i’ll email Ash and see if he can point me in the right direction. Already emailed cyclecoted’azur Omar, waiting on a response. Seems odd that there is so few camps/ holidays in that neck of the woods, considering the terrain available – Col de Madone, Col d’eze, Mont Ventoux being not too far away plus the weather on the med?

the teaboy

No idea if it’s worth the seemingly exorbitant fee but this sounds like great fun:

http://www.pelotoncyclingtours.com/index.php?page_id=39

Premier Icon geoffj
    Subscriber

Seems odd that there is so few camps/ holidays in that neck of the woods, considering the terrain available – Col de Madone, Col d’eze, Mont Ventoux being not too far away

I guess a lot of mamils which go on these holidays are more interested in the idea, weather, coffee and cake than actually grunting their way up monster alpine climbs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Road Training Camps /Holidays in Nice/Cote d'Azur area’ is closed to new replies.