Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Road shorts – pants underneath?
  • asherh
    Free Member

Does one wear underwear underneath padded road cycling shorts?

(about to pop my lycra cherry)

iain1775
    Free Member

No

asherh
    Free Member

Cheers!

samuri
    Free Member

Mother of god no! That’s a mistake you’ll only make once.

bigshep
    Free Member

Just make sure you’re not sporting a big bush as you’ll find it all poking through the lycra in no time at all 😳 .

Teetosugars
    Free Member

samuri – Member
    Mother of god no! That’s a mistake you’ll only make once.

This…

Very much this.

joat

Nay, nay and thrice nay. You have already compromised your dignity, you might as well be comfortable. Confirmed double discipline cyclist here too.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just make sure you’re not sporting a big bush as you’ll find it all poking through the lycra in no time at all .

Indeed, you may not want to stop with just the leg shaving 🙂

Edit: … oh and all you need is a good smear of bum cream.

clubber
    Free Member

No but Samuri is way off the mark. loads of people insist on underwear underneath, particularly women ime. self flagellation I reckon…

mugsys_m8

I found these gem like videos the other day….

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hOcNoYchlI[/video]

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Put the skin lubricant on your nether regions… and have a good time riding

😆 😆

…I honestly thought that was a parody for the first 30secs. Is that guy actually for real… 😆

jim
    Free Member

You wouldn’t wear pants under padded liners, would you?

the-muffin-man

Time for a re-post of this photo!…

tymbian
    Free Member

^^ ha ha.

Muffin man…tell me you haven got this saved on your pc… 😀

the-muffin-man

…just googled for it (honest!) It’s been posted on here many times over the year!

chrssmale
    Free Member

So is it better to wear undies over your shorts then? Is that how Superman gets away without any chaffing? 🙂

mangatank
    Free Member

Lycra…it’s great, and not just for the road.

Some of us struggle on alone, like the last of the mammoths, bearing the fading, tattered flag of 3/4 tights off-road while the woods echo to the vulgar, deafining rustle of loose polyester…it used to be so different.

Damn the zeitgeist! 😥

Oh, yeah…and never underwear under Lycra.

13thfloormonk

Some of us struggle on alone, like the last of the mammoths, bearing the fading, tattered flag of 3/4 tights off-road while the woods echo to the vulgar, deafining rustle of loose polyester…it used to be so different.

😀

Another mammoth here!

rOcKeTdOg

Lycra only on the road, lycra under baggies off road nothing underneath for either

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Always – but a small thong only, doubt it’d work for boys!

Edric64
    Free Member

Lycra everywhere ,no baggies unless going to the pub.Dont want to frighten people.

rOcKeTdOg

Always – but a small thong only, doubt it’d work for boys!

eww really? Isn’t that incredibly uncomfortable over long distances ?

adjustablewench
    Free Member

No, far from it – find it stops delicate bit getting rubbed up the wrong way to be fair.

traildog
    Free Member

But wouldn’t it just absorb the sweat and be horrible next to your delicate bits?

eckinspain
    Free Member

Generally accepted etiquette is:

pants
    jeans
    road shorts
    tutu

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No

I always wished those Poles had arranged themselves in order – like a clock at 10 or 15 minute intervals. No guessing who would have the hour hand!!!!

Currently using coconut oil – works well, value and smells better than a lot of Cham creams (ok may be not the minty stuff)

adjustablewench
    Free Member

never have a problem = and i do ride long ditances and long durations.

@ eckinspain i take it those are the things you don’t wear pants under – the mind boggles and also comes up with some amusing mental images :-O

BigJohn

This thread would be useless gruesome without pics

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Yes! Always. Not Y-Fronts or Briefs where elastic will get into nooks and crannies, but cotton stretchy shorts. Extremely comfortable and entirely chafe free no matter how long the ride or sweaty your undercarridge. I can’t imagine having bare parts against the chamios – the fact you have to smear butter around to make it comfortable proves it wasn’t meant to be.

As to the issue of VPL, I wear thin baggy (though not too baggy) shorts over the top. The MAMIL look is not a great one on anyone.

wwaswas

the fact you have to smear butter around to make it comfortable proves it wasn’t meant to be.

tbh, I think most of them do that ‘cos they enjoy the experience rather than out of necessity.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just dont mix the cham cream with radianB/deep heat etc!!!

missnotax
    Free Member

Oooh, ouch no. A friend of mine always wears a thong under her cycling shorts (and is still able to walk!) but it’s not for me!

Kryton57

Lycra is very versatile:

grilla
    Free Member

was one of the lubricants in that video called bag-balm ?

GrahamS

cotton stretchy shorts. Extremely comfortable and entirely chafe free no matter how long the ride or sweaty your undercarridge.

YUK! I’d have to stop and wring them out every 10 miles. 😕

I can’t imagine having bare parts against the chamios – the fact you have to smear butter around to make it comfortable proves it wasn’t meant to be.

It ain’t a real chamios leather these days you know – it is a lovely soft pad that is specifically designed to be against skin, hence the anti-bacterial coating, seam-free design and contoured, breathable material. (All of which you ruin by adding cotton underwear).

IME you don’t need “chamios cream” unless you are getting wet and/or doing very long multi-day rides. In normal conditions I’m quite happy to ride 70 miles+ without any cream.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Road shorts – pants underneath?’ is closed to new replies.