• This topic has 43 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Dibbs.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Road shoes that are not….
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Euro-fluo hideous
    or
    Super dull blackness

Top/high end stuff, as I iz well pimp, innit. Preferably fairly wide fitting, too.

Am running out of ideas! Spesh (usual go to shoe company) are dull, Sidi and Northwave are too lurid. What else is there?

jam-bo

the giro stuff always looks nice.

no idea how good it is. i’m still rocking some silver carbon nike disco slippers I bought off here for £20 five years ago.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Genius 5 Mega isn’t too dull or fluro

MoreCashThanDash

I quite like the fit of Lake shoes, might be worth a look.

beej

Vittoria Bianco. Suit you, sir.

jerrys
    Free Member

Can’t you get some hand made ? 🙂

kilo

I only use gaerne on and off road now

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ Jerry! (Guest appearance on Saturday, by the way)

Hadn’t thought of Lake, nice shoes, but v dull to look at. Gaerne look good, bar the colours! V euro-fluo!

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Top/high end stuff, as I iz well pimp, innit

No you’re not..

We’ve seen your other footwear choices! 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I’m amazed it took that long! 😀

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Sagan S-Works?

let the kids colour in some Giro Empires like Wiggins did?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DR, those are the S-Works 6, I believe. Tried a pair in another colour, didn’t like the fit. Odd, as I love the fit on my S-Works XC.

andylaightscat
    Free Member

Lakes??

dragon
    Free Member

DMT or Shimano or Mavic would be my suggestions.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

DMT?

Oooh….I like the look of these!

Don’t know much about the brand, though. Anyone wearing their stuff? Imported by Paligap, I note. Useful.

rp16v
    Free Member

Mavic?
    I love mine super comfy

dragon
    Free Member

DMT have been around years and only really do high end stuff. The shoes of theirs I’ve seen are lovely, but like anything depends if they fit you.

matts
    Free Member

Lakes??

Yup. Lake’s regular fitting is quite wide.

How about some custom kicks?

http://lakecycling.com/pages/custom

lunge

What about the Spec Audax shoes? Pretty stylish to my untrained eyes

Haze

Fizik R3B?

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Careful with DMT stuff. I’ve had a couple of their top end models fall apart after relatively little. And i know I’m not alone. 4 or 5 i know have had similar problems. Things snapping, soles coming adrift, ratchets failing.
    Only on the light weight/top end stuff though.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Northwave Galaxy in White

Very cheap if you’re the right size

alanf
    Free Member

My mate had some DMT XC slippers and they looked excellent and I was tempted when replacing, but he advised against it as they weren’t very hard wearing.
    I think they only lasted about a year and he had his previous (Northwave) shoes for about 5, so he wasn’t impressed with quality.

scud
    Free Member

As above, can recommend Specialized Audax, very nice but understated and sole as stiff as the S-Works but slightly wider fitting.

nemesis
    Free Member

Bont (Blitz?) in white or other models in silver. excellent shoes and quite a lot in the sales at present.

And they do flouro too 😉

dovebiker

Years ago, DMT used to make top-line shoes for the likes of Nike, Pearl Izumi, Bontranger in Italy – maybe they’ve outsourced to Far East? If you want something durable with good back-up you can’t go wrong with Sidi IMO.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Fizik R3B?

Cripplingly narrow.

They are very nicely made though if you can fit into them

thomthumb
    Free Member

What about the Spec Audax shoes?

I liked the look but they didn’t fit me round the ankle bone, which is odd as most of my shoes a spec. Bought the pro road in the end.

Vittoria shoes look nice.

fathomer

If I could pull it off and afford it, I’d have a pair of these,

Or these, slightly cheaper and you could stick some bright laces in.

Haze

Cripplingly narrow

Honestly can’t say I’ve noticed all that much!

ghostlymachine
    Free Member

Years ago, DMT used to make top-line shoes for the likes of Nike, Pearl Izumi, Bontranger in Italy – maybe they’ve outsourced to Far East? If you want something durable with good back-up you can’t go wrong with Sidi IMO.

The first ones i broke were italian made. No idea about the second, not seen any go for a few years now, but then again, no one imports them up here.

thomthumb
    Free Member

you can’t go wrong with Sidi IMO.

Euro-fluo hideous

they practically invented it.

OmarLittle
    Free Member

Bontrager XXX Shut up legs edition. No fluo just mirrored silver and they look awesome!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Honestly can’t say I’ve noticed all that much!

You probably don’t have wide feet then :-p

In terms of width I found:

Fizik -> Shimano, Northave & Sidi (all subtly different, SIDI almost fit me despite not being ‘wide’) -> Bontranger -> Specialized -> Shimano Wide fit

Shimano wide is is really wide, probably too wide, but the only thing that I can get my feet in so I put up with the slightly baggy fit.

Fizik were by far the nicest shoes, they just didn’t get anywhere near fitting. That said, shimano obviously use different molds for their MTB shoes as they’re mostly fine.

matts
    Free Member

Shimano Regular -> Lake Regular -> Shimano Wide -> Lake Wide

Lake wide would probably work if you had feet shaped like a tennis racket.

The main difference I found between Shimano and Lake is the height of the toe box. The Shimano ones seem to get much more roomy as the size goes up, the Lake’s are flatter in the toes box, but still wide.

funkweasel
    Free Member

They look like Tiny Tim’s bowling shoes :/

Haze

You probably don’t have wide feet then :-p

Come to think of it I probably don’t, I’ve used Sidi and Gaerne in the past and thinking back I always seemed to have the straps wrapped right over.

Don’t notice so much with the Boa system though.

theflatboy
    Free Member

I think I have wideish feet but have not had any biking shoes that actually fit properly. Thinking about some new road shoes, so far I am set on either Bontrager Velocis or DMT R3 – anyone know where in London you can try DMTs on? Nowhere seems to stock them… 😕

mattbee

I’ve got some of the ‘cheaper’ Giro Empire in black with orange logos/laces.
    Nice mix of stealth & lurid.
    Really comfy, especially on hot long rides.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Road shoes that are not….’ is closed to new replies.