Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Road shoes max £50
  • J273
    Free Member

As above – Just bought my first road bike and now on the look out for some cheapish shoes.

Dont really want to spend much more than £50 if i can help it.

Can anyone recommend anything?

Many thanks

AndyF1
    Free Member

The ones that fit your feet.

davosaurusrex

If you’ve got big feet I’ve got a pair of very nice size 47 Sidis with ultegra pedals looking for a new home

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got the mtb version of these, get good reviews and I’m very happy with mine:

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r10-road-cycling-shoe/

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

dhb’s

Sammo
    Free Member

+1 for the dhb’s mentioned above

kilo

I’ve got the dhb mtb and road version, the mtb version seems to be a first generation – pre-privetae equity buy out version and far superior to the version out now, tbh I’m not overly impressed with the newer version, cheap single sided unpadded tongue and a bit cheap and nasty feeling, which is a shame cos the early version are very good. Maybe go for shimano

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

use your mtb ones just the same and saves money

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Go 2nd hand

Find a brand that fits, go to Ebay, and buy some. you’ll get a much better shoe than anything brand new

2nd hand shoe market is flooded with shoes people buy and sell straight away as they bought the wrong size without trying them on.

if you must buy brand new, i would look for last years (or before) spesh shoes. a quick google will find you lots discounted

jambon
    Free Member

Decathlon?

airbus387
    Free Member

Hi j273,Have a look at planet x i purchased a pair of carnac notus road shoes from them for £44.99.Now in the past i have wore sidi shimano duegi vittoria and lake shoes.But the carnac notus shoes are 1st class for the money.the rrp for the carnacs are £145.00 just make sure you get the gents notus as the also make ladies notus.

J273
    Free Member

Thanks airbus – Just a shame they dont have my size (44) or id of gone for them.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-r10-road-cycling-shoe/

I want them but cant for the life of me find them my size 9 in black.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I want them but cant for the life of me find them my size 9 in black.

You shouldn’t know what you want till you’ve at least tried some on.

Fit is key.

crocodilian
    Free Member

I’m in a similar (shoe-shaped) boat. I’m just going to use my 661 comps, they are road styled and light as a feather.
    I don’t think I’m going to get much new stuff for road cycling other than some decent bib shorts.

Mackem

DHB again – they size up big compared to Shimano. For me, 44 shimano, 43 DHB.

airbus387
    Free Member

Hi j273. i have just been on merlin cycles.com web site might be worth a look there for shoes. 🙂

damitamit
    Free Member

As above, best to try some on (saying that thou I bought 5 pairs of mtb shoes last week to try on, picked one, then only when I actually rode it on my bike realised it wasnt right).

If you want to take a chance, I’ve got a pair of used once Bont A3 size 44 (velcro only style) I could sell you 🙂 (email me).

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Road shoes max £50’ is closed to new replies.