Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • Road rage this morning in the fog..
  • DezB
    Free Member

Got a bit sweary with this X6 driver this morning, you can see why.
    It was bight and sunny wen I left home.
    As it was suddenly pretty foggy in the low road we were on, I slowed next to this un-lighted cyclist so that my light made us both visible. At this point MrX6 decides we’re “taking up the road chatting”…
    Gets stopped a few metres up the road at the lights and has his window down, unfortunately (or maybe fortunately!) the uncoming traffic stopped me getting alongside or it could have got ugly. Definitely unfortunate that the condensation on my cam meant the reg no. was not visible.
    [video]http://youtu.be/W89w7B_4Eug[/video]

If you’d like to get even more judgemental, I’ll post the non-overdubbed version!! 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

Niiioce, angry people in the morning, t’is all we need.

Peddle on.. 8)

aracer
    Free Member

If you’d like to get even more judgemental, I’ll post the non-overdubbed version!!

This one? 😉

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jd6gSng7e6s&list=UU4iAzrQf-rDfa2RP_n1Dq6w[/video]

Every time a car driver justifies a close pass because you’re “taking up the road” they’ve instantly lost, as they’ve just admitted it was a punishment pass (personally I can’t quite make out what the driver said and enjoyed your comments).

GrahamS

MrX6 decides we’re “taking up the road chatting”

Did he say that or are you assuming?

Didn’t look like you held him up for any more than a couple of seconds, can’t see what his issue would be but some people are just cocks.

DezB
    Free Member

Did he say that or are you assuming?

He said that.

(Thanks aracer!)

scuttler

Got a bit sweary with this X6

I stopped here. Oh that an the fact that it’s white. Clearly you weren’t heading for an informed debate. Some people are “just cocks”, but I reckon that percentage gets substantial for white X6 drivers on the way to run their claims management companies.

aracer
    Free Member

I’ll edit my post if it’s really a problem, but didn’t think much wrong with anything you said (and it wasn’t exactly hard to find!)

BoardinBob

Quite ironic that BMW man doesn’t actually have his foglights on when it’s foggy.

clipper68
    Free Member

About right. Dropped my boys of at school this morning in Really heavy fog. Maybe one car in five had no lights on. Just dont get it. Is it them believing ‘its not dark so I dont need my lights’.
    Last time it was really foggy, I mean dense fog, I pulled out of my road onto a main road and was nearly tail ended by a silver bmw x5 doing over 30 in the 30 zone. No lights on. He got the hump with me for pulling out on him. I had my fog lights on too.

stumpy01

What a div.

Good on you for sticking with non-lit blokey. Don’t get why commuters don’t have lights on their bikes all the time for just this kind of occasion.

You sound quite scary. He was probably thinking ‘please be green, please be green, please be green…..’ on the approach to those lights! 😆

DezB
    Free Member

You sound quite scary. He was probably thinking ‘please be green, please be green..

You won’t like me when I’m angry!! 😆

brooess
    Free Member

Even thinking about overtaking on a narrow road like that in those conditions show’s poor judgement – no way you can see far enough to know the road’s clear. Driver needs to go back to driving school and learn risk assessment and that having a big car doesn’t mean you don’t have to worry about anyone else’s safety

martib

Just another form of bullying/intimidation that is not accepted in any other sphere of life, so why is it acceptable (by a minority) on the roads.

1st offence 1 month ban.
    2nd offence 2 month ban.
    Then just keep doubling it, until the self important idiots get the message 😉

martib

Quite ironic that BMW man doesn’t actually have his foglights on when it’s foggy.

Drove 60 miles to work this morning mainly on dual carriageway/motorway and saw plenty of drivers in thick fog, with no lights on at all or only their front fog lights on.

Shame you can’t teach common sense!

yunki
    Free Member

You won’t like me when I’m angry!!

😀

stumpy01

I’m sure in one of the Scandinavian countries there’s a way to report driver’s and if they get reported a certain number of time they get action against them.
    Obviously there’d need to be ways of stopping people with a vendetta from abusing it or using it as a wind-up but I wonder if that would be a good idea going forward?
    3 reports of bad driving in 3 months results in a knock on the door from plod and/or points and/or a hike in insurance premium?

DezB
    Free Member

I would’ve reported him if I could make out the reg plate.

jamj1974

Fair play with staying with the other guy Dez B. He should have taken the precaution of lights IMHO. None of this justifies Mr X6 actions though! He’s an idiot.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Report anyway and show them the video. There might not be too many fitting that description in the area or perhaps someone else has reported him.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m now curious – were you expecting a response more critical of you (especially after I posted the undubbed version)?

willber
    Free Member

This is probably X6’s route to work – so he will probably be using the same road at about the same time tomorrow, maybe…..

DezB
    Free Member

I’m now curious – were you expecting a response more critical of you

I was expecting a bit of “you should’ve done this.. that or the other” which usually happens on these threads!
    I thought I sounded a bit chavvy on the undubbed one. I’m posh really, me. 😀

roper
    Free Member

potty mouth 🙂

Well done for looking after the other chap.

anagallis_arvensis

An utter cock but best ignored or reported. Nothing to be gained by verbals or more…….. I would have done the same though!!

teasel
    Free Member

I would see no problem if you’d have lowered your hand to your oily chain and left a nice greasy finger smudge all over the side of his lovely white paintwork. Maybe go as far as writing the appropriate slogan for such a courteous gent…

BobaFatt
    Free Member

It’s foggy you prick!!!

Yes it is

(White) BMW drivers, smashing that stereotype one journey at a time

eskay

(White) BMW drivers, smashing that stereotype one journey at a time

Was just about to post the same!

crankboy
    Free Member

In all seriousness you were a model of restraint.

cb

2 cocks actually, cyclist commuting without lights and the X6 driver.

pennine
    Free Member

I wonder if the ‘no lights’ issue on cars is something to do with modern cars having automatic lights. Some drivers possibly think they come on in fog because it appears gloomy. I have to manually switch mine on when foggy.

Considering the fog warnings over last couple of days you’d think the cyclist might be a bit more prepared – just saying like…

DezB
    Free Member

I would see no problem if you’d have lowered your hand to your oily chain and left a nice greasy finger smudge all over the side of his lovely white paintwork

You know, I was so focused on getting to his window, it didn’t occur to me to take it out on the car! Dammit!

Rockplough
    Free Member

Thanks DezB. Something about the delivery – and variety – of your advice towards that driver gave me a right chuckle. And yes, respect for sticking with Mr. No Lights.

bland

its not his fault he drives an X6! Its due to his diagnosis with small willy syndrome, give the boy a break!

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

I wonder if the ‘no lights’ issue on cars is something to do with modern cars having automatic lights. Some drivers possibly think they come on in fog because it appears gloomy. I have to manually switch mine on when foggy.

It’s exactly this. Many drivers leave their light switch on auto on the assumption that if lights are needed they’ll come on.
    It takes a bit more brain effort out of driving, leaving one free to eat toast, shave, do the lippy, text, etc

hora
    Free Member

Wow, glad you are ok. That is batshit mental with parked cars on the otherside. ‘because you were taking up the road’?

I can’t say what I’d have done on an open forum.

martin_t
    Free Member

Clearly DezB you are in the right. However, the result is that the driver now hates cyclists even more and perhaps the next victim of his interesting driving won’t fare so well. What I wonder is if there is any was to diffuse these situations?

Perhaps we need to be more like Eric Idle from European Vacation

pictonroad

enjoyed the old fashioned solid insults, always good to fall back on P**** & T*** at times such as these. 😆

hora
    Free Member

However, the result is that the driver now hates cyclists even more

Because before he had a high regard when he pulled that squeeze through.

DezB
    Free Member

Thanks martin, I shall henceforth keep my anger in check when someone endangers my life. So that they still love me.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

enjoyed the old fashioned solid insults, always good to fall back on P**** & T*** at times such as these.

My favourite one this year, was a full volume (what’s the sonic version of amorphous?) roar at a cardriver who decided at the last minute to overtake me going into a chicane.

That and the guy who ‘punishment passed me’ stoped to have an argument a few meters up the road, but hadn’t realised the car 2 back from him was a panda!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘Road rage this morning in the fog..’ is closed to new replies.