Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 443 total)
  • Road rage assault on cyclist – victim sought
  • xcgb
    Free Member

morning all:-)

hey, anyone round here ever ride a mountain bike?

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

asterix – morning all:-)

hey, anyone round here ever ride a mountain bike?

Tsk. The gaul of some people…

chip
    Free Member

I now being of an age where I have attained immense wisdom would as a rule normally let insult go over my head if I did not feel threatened.
    But when I have been with friends who are less likely to stick up for them selfs and they find themselves being verbally assulted i have in the past smacked the abuser without warning or argument because I can’t stand people who bully people.

Also if I was the passenger and it was my car I had let a friend drive and that cyclist had behaved like that I would be very nervous to say the least and may have expressed that physically.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The gaul of some people…

😀

Rscott
    Free Member

The use of words he deserves a slap is important, I think he deserve a slap, but then they all do it doesn’t mean I would go and do it.

My commute is great freindly, no stressed people, but it is at 5.30 in the morning and 4 in the afternoon and I live in the county side.
    Deserving a slap and get one are 2 different things. Im sure the majority of people saying he deserved one wouldn’t get out there car and actuly do it.

asterix
    Free Member

The gaul of some people…

you talking to me? 😆

aracer
    Free Member

Like those who smack people without warning or argument.

I’m afraid your statements make you a punchy thug, and that isn’t meant ironically. In the real world I live in people don’t punch other people – I’ve been insulted and got very angry with other people and somehow managed to restrain myself. If I live in a nice middle class cocoon away from the punchy thugs like you, then I’m very glad of that.

aracer
    Free Member

But you are suggesting the passenger is right to thump him, which is where we have a serious disagreement. In my world there is almost never a good reason to punch somebody, and that is certainly a long, long way away. Thankfully the law agrees with me.

If that wasn’t what you meant, then you should use a word other than “deserves” which means something different – in my real world the meaning of words is important.

Tiger6791

chip
    Free Member

No, most bully’s never resort to violence because they have no need due to only picking on people they perceive to be weeker than themselves and who they intimidate with the threat of violence.

I don’t believe in threatening people. If I was going to hit I would hit , not tell them I am going to.

aracer
    Free Member

So do you only hit people you perceive are weaker than you and just a bit shouty, or also those you think will hit you back?

I find it interesting that you describe the cyclist as a bully despite him being in a weaker position than the person he’s shouting at.

Northwind

chip – Member

I can’t stand people who bully people.

What, like, driving too fast and too close past them in a 1 ton steel box, then punching them? Right on, welcome to team cyclist!

The depiction of the cyclist as a bully is kind of insane.

wilko1999
    Free Member

By about page 3 this thread was already like Groundhog Day, it’s just getting daft now. I can’t believe the OP is still bothering to reply!

Although there must be something about it coz I can’t help checking in on it now and again 😕

chip
    Free Member

I don’t go around hitting people as a rule can’t remember last time I did,
    But when threatened I would do, and not because someone’s weeker than me.

And I am not team cyclist.
    I am a mototorist, a cyclist, a passenger and a pedestrian.

It’s your team cyclist, them or us attitude that’s the problem here.
    A numpty by any other name is still a numpty.

Northwind

chip – Member

But when threatened I would do

Yep, and replace “threatened” with “criticised for being a ****” and that’s what we have here.

aracer
    Free Member

This +1000 – he is simply reacting with anger in the way most of us who ride on the roads have done when a motorist has done something we perceive to be dangerous. OK so maybe he was wrong about it being dangerous (though it’s only the ingrained normality of poor driving standards which sees anything other than doing things very carefully in a motor car as not being dangerous), he was certainly wrong to react in the way he did, but the idea he was acting as a bully is quite bizarre.

Oh, and if any of those who would happily punch somebody wants to claim they wouldn’t ever react with anger to what a driver does, they’ve either never ridden on the roads or need to get a fire extinguisher for their pants.

chip
    Free Member

I ride on the roads all the time, and have been passed very closely on occasion,
    And do not even raise a hand to stick up any amount of fingers to them or even the more flamboyant Nescafé bean shake , never mind shout obscenitys as it serves no purpose.

If they did not realise there driving was not the best they would just think I ( or maybe all cyclists were cocks ), or if they did it on purpose , I just have given them the response they wanted ( and maybe reinforcincing their current view that all cyclists were cocks).

chip
    Free Member

Northwood, I agree, but I understand there are many people who would feel threatened by someone who is screaming obscenities whilst enraged.

imnotverygood

Northwood, I agree, but I understand there are many people who would feel threatened by some when screeming obscenities while enraged.

& in this case, the passenger felt so threatened he got out of the car in order to smack the other guy…..

alexandersupertramp
    Free Member

aracer – Member
    So do you only hit people you perceive are weaker than you and just a bit shouty, or also those you think will hit you back?

I find it interesting that you describe the cyclist as a bully despite him being in a weaker position than the person he’s shouting at.

I am not condoning the car passengers action but if I had my wife & son in the car i would have got out of the car, probably would not have punched.
    But 10 years ago back in Edinburgh and on my own I would have 👿

Some people just think there never going to pay the price of actions. Bit like on here. When the keyboard warriors have/take a chance of being rude to someone for bad punctuation or not having the same opinion as them. Doubt they would tell the Chavs or the like in the pub how to speak properly or tell them there opinion is wrong.

aracer
    Free Member

Which doesn’t make the chavs in the pub right – it makes them bullies.

Though applause for your suggested actions with family in the car seems perfectly reasonable (though I hope you wouldn’t drive like that in the first place).

damo2576
    Free Member

I dont think it was the driver that punched the cyclist. It was the passenger.

Did the car run over his foot?

aracer
    Free Member

I think we really are 6 days ahead now…

chief9000
    Free Member

Did the car run over his foot?

No.

The cyclist was more annoyed that the driver just drove off without listening to his lecture. He blazed into the driver like there was no tomorrow.

he paid the price.

samuri
    Free Member

& in this case, the passenger felt so threatened he got out of the car in order to smack the other guy…..

Wow. After all these years I thought I got my head kicked in by bullies at school because they were nasty, vicious thugs. Turns out it’s my fault. Thanks for clearing that up.

I’m with aracer on this one. Regardless of the behaviour of the cyclist ‘oooh the nasty man is shouting at me’, punching him was a)completely innapropriate, b) Outright thuggery and c) really, really stupid due to the number of witnesses about.

Anyone who thinks otherwise really needs to grow up.

chief9000
    Free Member

Wow. After all these years I thought I got my head kicked in by bullies at school because they were nasty, vicious thugs. Turns out it’s my fault. Thanks for clearing that up.

did you by any chance run around shouting at people and calling them pricks when you were at school? that would explain a few things eh?

samuri
    Free Member

You’re right. Of course that sort of behaviour is expected when you’re dealing with children.

chip
    Free Member

I don’t understand the people here who believe it is ok to run your mouth abusively and in a threatening manor but then plead that putting your Hands on someone makes you a bully.

What if the driver had been of a nervous disposition and panicked and tried to drive away causing an accident.

You don’t have to lay your hands on someone to be a bully, there are young kids taking there own lives due to constant bullying on the net through social networks.

Just because the cyclist channelled his venom through words does not make him not a horrible ****.

samuri
    Free Member

What if the driver had been of a nervous disposition and panicked and tried to drive away causing an accident.

Can you see the bit in the video where he uses a 2 ton car to force his way past a lightly built man?

yeah, I’m sure he was terrified.

chip
    Free Member

He doesn’t use a two ton car to force his way through,
    That implies that he some how shunted the cyclist out of the way.

Either your seeing something different from me or you refuse to see what I see.

samuri
    Free Member

clearly. I can see a bloke ride into an ASL and then see a driver position s 2 ton car into the ASL alongside the rider with the clear intent of pushing past the rider. I’m not sure what you’re seeing.

Regardless of whether you can see this or not, I’m fairly certain the most scared person was the rider.

chief9000
    Free Member

He doesn’t use a two ton car to force his way through,
    That implies that he some how shunted the cyclist out of the way.

Either your seeing something different from me or you refuse to see what I see.

agreed, absolutely no forcing going on there. I saw someone driving around an annoying cyclist with a big mouth.

I also agree with what you say about bullying. Its not only the use of violence that is classed as bullying. You will hear many women attest that.

chief9000
    Free Member

with the clear intent of pushing past the rider

I didn’t see any pushing. Does that mean he failed to do what he intended to do?

samuri
    Free Member

Fair enough lads, you keep believing what you want and picking holes in English idiom.

In my book any person using their size and power to achieve their goal is a bully which is precisely what we’re seeing with this car driver. And you’re sticking up for him. Good for you.

retro83
    Free Member

Oh dear, it’s on the Daily Fail website now 😆 With such classic comments as:

mollysgarden, lichfield, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago
    Probably the same cyclist who runs red lights and cycles on footpaths.

rossifan46, stourport on severn, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago

personally i blame the cyclist, he was the one shouting his mouth off and seems a bit too big for his boots, fair play to the audi bloke for showing him the floor.

Minou, London, United Kingdom, 2 hours ago

Cyclist = total nightmare….They think they can do whatever! The most annoying people on the road….They put every driver at risk…..99% of the time, it is cyclist fault but in the eyes of the law SADLY it is always the driver fault. In London all cyclist should be banned. They should get penalties, fine, road tax…..TOTAL NUISANCE

😆

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2546709/Moment-Audi-passenger-got-car-PUNCHED-cyclist-pushing-bike-taxi-shocking-act-road-rage.html

Apols if already posted, search didn’t bring anything up.

metalheart
    Free Member

I’ll tell you what I see, I see a guy sitting waiting patiently behind a ASL and 3,4 cyclists pull up in an orderly fashion 2 abreast then someone who thinks he doesn’t have to wait (unlike the guy filming for instance) and then goes three abreast (hey, say, isn’t that against the Highway Code?) and then sits waaaay out in to ‘other guys lane’ and is going to slow him from getting away from the lights and then the other guy goes sod this and pulls forwards… Probably to stop anybody else doing the same four or five abreast.

Now I’m not going to say that any of this justifies the cyclist getting lamped but I bet you if he had queued up like everybody else then Audi man would have stayed behind tha ASL and none of this shit would have happened.

It’s almost like he said to him, White Audi, must be a tosser, I’ll show him. I think it was a deliberate provocative act myself.

scotroutes

You really have no idea what an ASL is for then?

grum
    Free Member

Can you see the bit in the video where he uses a 2 ton car to force his way past a lightly built man?

yeah, I’m sure he was terrified.

Regardless of whether you can see this or not, I’m fairly certain the most scared person was the rider.

Wait, so the rider was really scared? So scared that he decided to chase after the guy and aggressively shout with his face right up to the car window? 😕

Hitting people is the behaviour of a bully – but chasing after someone so you can shout at them is fine?

I would find someone chasing me and shouting at me like that extremely intimidating if it happened to me.

metalheart
    Free Member

metalheart You really have no idea what an ASL is for then?

Let me guess, is it to allow cyclists to stop ‘in front’ of cars so they are more readily seen and give them a better start off at lights?

Now, just how many is the maximum cyclists abreast allowed by the Highway Code again?

The guy just couldn’t wait (like everybody else) now could he?

chief9000
    Free Member

It is not a 2 tone car is it now. Exaggerations being thrown around all over the place now. I don’t know 🙄

Viewing 40 posts - 361 through 400 (of 443 total)

The topic ‘Road rage assault on cyclist – victim sought’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts