Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Road legal 2 seat dune buggies, thoughts please
  • teddy
    Free Member

Can someone please put me off buying one of those eBay cheapo two sweater buggies?
    They look like they may be fun in the winter on the snowy school run..

Obvious dangers / cold exposure aside, what are the major issues with them?

legend
    Free Member

Link?

mattsccm
    Free Member

I would check on how they MOT and who can do them. There was, at one point, years back issues with this as they didn’t fit any boxes. I would assume that this is solved but maybe worth a check.
    Sounds fun otherwise.
    What about spares? I bet they are Chinese Honda (Yamaha etc)copy engines where some Honda bits fit some don’t.

teddy
    Free Member
    MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

If you’re middle aged it’ll be seen as a sign that you’re having a crisis. Otherwise, I’d say you’ve got all the negatives of a motorbike (cold and unable to carry much) and none of the positives (fun and easy to park).

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

That about This one?

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

That about This one?

Well if that model was mine the mileage wouldn’t be anywhere near as low as the OP.

teddy
    Free Member

I am middle aged, that could be it.
    I have a motorbike, and are fed up of the mini tyre slides on the mud splattered roads round our way.
    Quite like the idea of motorbike with stabilisers that will drive on muck. And green lane. And take my mtb on the back…

Talking myself into it.
    Someone tell me something negative….

davidjones15
    Free Member

I imagine they’d be awesome in the snow, drifting through corners, J turns etc, and generally behaving like Clarkson on drugs.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

You’ll need far more space to have fun than you’re likely to find on the school run.

I remember Clarkson recounting how he bought a Ferrari after loving it on the Top Gear track…….and selling it a couple of years later with under 1500 miles on the clock. I think the mileage in the ad tells a tale.

teddy
    Free Member

Our school run involves using the service roads of a disused air field.
    No gritting there and the ditches aren’t too deep to get pulled out of.

spooky_b329

I had a go in one of those utility Ute things. It was great, had hi and lo range, diff locks and a good turn of speed. It was raining though and I got soaked…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Road legal 2 seat dune buggies, thoughts please’ is closed to new replies.