Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road cycling holiday early March?
  • djglover
    Free Member

Managed to bag a week off between jobs and fancy a bit of sun and cycling.

Considering Calpe, Girona and Pollensa. Any views on where is best late winter or alternative suggestions please?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

If be aiming for Majorca if it was me..
    Base yourself somewhere cheap and cheerful like Alcudia, and just head out into the mountains..

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Are you looking for a destination and/or a place to stay.

If the latter, I’d highly recommend CHS (Cycling Holiday Spain) which is just down the road from Calpe. It’s just out of Callosa d’ensarria. The accommodation (gym, pool, sauna, projector tv, tennis court etc), home cooked food, rider support are fantastic! Nozad and his brother Jubi are the guys that run it and they really look after their guests!

djglover
    Free Member

A bit of both to be honest, Girona with a night in Barcelona to start is edging it because of that

singletrackmind

Pollensa for me
    Stuart Hall if you want quality and easy access
    Self sort to save £150 ish , flights , transfer etc
    It will be warm / pleasant in March
    Canaries would also be lovely being that much further south

corroded
    Free Member

Being a maritime climate, the weather on Mallorca can be a bit more hit or miss than the mainland (we went in Feb last year and it snowed) but if it’s OK I can’t think of anywhere as affordable with the same range of riding. Base yourself in Pollensa and you can have century rides in the mountains, easy days on the plains and not do the same route twice (on quiet, beautiful roads). The descent down from Lluc to Pollensa is one of the greats.

spekkie
    Free Member

We see tons of people riding here in the Pyrenees in Spring.

Zona Zero catalogued a dozen local road rides of varying lengths on their website last year with maps and profiles, and local accommodation is reasonable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road cycling holiday early March?’ is closed to new replies.