Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Road conditions on M62 right now?
  • johndoh
    Free Member

My wife is travelling back across the M62 this afternoon – the conditions sound pretty awful but has anyone actually driven it today and, if so, is it passable (she’s driving an XC60 with brand new tyres so it’s quite a substantial car).

rogermoore
    johndoh
    Free Member

Yes she has checked all the websites, I was wondering if anyone has first-hand experience though. Cheers.

Oggles
    Free Member

Which direction? Heading eastbound in about half an hour so will update.

timbog160

In Huddersfield 2 miles south of J23. Definitely seems to be calming down now after a morning storm of biblical proportions…

johndoh
    Free Member

Eastbound – from the other side of Manchester to Leeds.

And thank you for the weather update 👍

stumpyjon

Bright sunshine up here now, very very windy still.

ElShalimo

I live t’other side of J23 from timbog

Drove back from Preston earlier and an earlier accident was causing delays. It’s very blowy on the tops

Got home about 45 mins ago

Cougar

I’ve just got home from Leeds. Westbound is pretty much fine, but there was a huge smash Eastbound with traffic tailed back for miles.

Oggles
    Free Member

Back in Leeds. Over two and a half hours crawling up to J22, one lane open due to accident.

Still very windy and torrential rain after Huddersfield.

Then a BMW had spun out and up the banking on the M621. Occupants appeared ok…

j4mie
    Free Member

Literally just done this, turned off at J21 where traffic was just backing up to, went via Newhay, Denshaw and then thought better of following the traffic at 10-15mph to J22 and instead continued on, joining at J24 where it’s business as usual. HTH. Weather is fine now

johndoh
    Free Member

Yep – she got caught up in it – what should have been a two hour drive took five hours.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Road conditions on M62 right now?’ is closed to new replies.