Road bikes – how important to have matching bars, stem and seatpost?

Home Forum Bike Forum Road bikes – how important to have matching bars, stem and seatpost?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Road bikes – how important to have matching bars, stem and seatpost?
  • Shibboleth

whatnobeer – Member

Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, this thread needs more photos so we can judge how pretty everyones bikes are.

Oh OK then… It’ll pain me forever that the post has a different coloured stripe to the stem/bars, but it came with the frame and is colour-matched… But it’s all 3T, it all fits and it all makes me happy 😀

whatnobeer

And I’ve realised if I’m going to make a request for photos, I should join in:

Shibboleth – Looks lovely.

Dales_rider

Too many rules broken with those two bikes to mention.

sputnik

Look stem and seat post, Easton bars.
    How many rules have I broken?

bol

Not sure whether I should admit to this, but following my post earlier, I’ve just ordered s-works bars and stem to match my seatpost. Got a very good deal though, as compensation for my forks being recalled. Feel a bit of a dick, as they won’t be any better or different from my current set up, but hey.

Premier Icon edhornby
    Subscriber

Pro LT seatpost, Deda stem and Synros bars 😀 I am considering a ragley mountain bike saddle on it as well because they fit my ar$e perfectly – my bike is a right old cobble and nothing matches but it goes great

TiRed

I replaced the Easton stem on my tcr with a Ritchey of identical proportions, for no otherreason than it matched the aftermarket ergo bars. In my defense, it was only £10 in the bargain bucket. The ritchey FORKS, however may be an indulgence too far. And the Giant carbon post still matches the frame.

unovolo

Deda Stem,Bars and Forks,3t Carbon post and it all looks the Boll0ck5!!!

esher shore

Thomson Elite seatpost

Specialized stem

Specialized bars

might get round to switching the stem to Thomson or Easton, one day, if I can be bothered and have some spare money to waste…

stevewhyte

Ah didn’t realise we were showing off..

cynic-al

I struggle with long sentences but please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this thread is a troll?

Viewing 11 posts - 46 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Road bikes – how important to have matching bars, stem and seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.