• This topic has 12 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by akira.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Road bike tool roll, tubeless kit, multi tool etc.
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Looking to put together a jersey pocket tool roll and some new tools for the road bike. New bike is tubeless so would be interested to hear what people are carrying. And any multi tools you would recommend. And a tool roll if anyone is using one.
    I’m planning to fit a rear underseat light so opting for the tool roll idea.

ransos
    Free Member

Wiggle el cheapo tubeless repair kit, tube and lever. Crank bros multitool, pump on frame. Tools in either a tiny Ortlieb saddlebag, or Sticky Pod bag in my jersey pocket.

There’s room for a seat post mounted light under the Ortlieb, just.

razorrazoo

I have a Specialized Swat under saddle which holds tube, lever and co2. I have a pouch for my jersey pocket which has a mini pump, Lezyne multi tool which is small but a lot of tools inc chain tool, chain link, valve core, park patches, tubeless plug and a set of mini fold up pliers (added after having a big split that would not seal tubeless and the valve retaining nut wouldn’t budge).  I also keep my phone in another pouch along with a mask and a tenner.

This leaves the final pocket for keys, glasses pouch, cap, gels etc.  Light is mounted on my seat post.

eckinspain
    Free Member

Really useful thread as I need to get this together.

@razorrazoo
    so you take both co2 and a pump?

razorrazoo

I’d rather not get caught wishing I’d brought it after a second puncture / CO2 fail.

I do run tubeless and only had one cut that wouldn’t seal or plug in about 2.5 years but rather not be stuck miles from home wishing I had a tool I could easily carry.

monkeyboyjc

I’ve a granite Stash tool In the headtube (same as on my MTB), a Topeak pump hidden in the seatpost and  carry a tubolito tube, single tyre leaver and mini chain tool in a small bag on the frame. If I need to carry more for longer solo rides the small bag gets swapped for a bar bag.

desperatebicycle

Pump, Dynaplug Race, multitool (with chain tool). I think that’s all that is in there. Hasn’t been opened in ages

Haze

Dynaplug, Wolf Tooth chain tool with tubeless repair (for back up), quick links and multi-tool

Spare valve, Stans tool with a couple of CO2 and a Lezyne chuck. Pump also if I’m out by myself, otherwise we all pull together ✌️

Tyre boot and glueless patches in my phone case…

tonyd

Dynaplug pill, co2 canister and head, multi tool etc in headset. If I’m feeling particularly nervous I’ll take a tube, mini pump, and tyre levers but don’t usually bother.

Kept in a mini tool roll from Beer Babe

Edit, just noticed you are asking about road bike. As above, but tube and levers for sure as it’s not tubeless, and a mini tool in the tool roll. Also carry a gentleman’s pouch with phone, mask, tenner.

Kuco

I always take a pump whether it’s road or mtb. It comes in handy if you get multiple punctures and if your putting a tube in getting some shape to the tube making fitting easier.

footflaps

I always carry a tube and levers and a tyre boot, had two GP5000s written off with 1cm slashes in the side walls after running over something sharp.

akira

Wolf tooth encase in bars covers most stuff, then muc off wallet thing with tiny tube, tyre lever/co2, co2 canister and mini pump.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Road bike tool roll, tubeless kit, multi tool etc.’ is closed to new replies.