Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Road bike – hydraulic discs – £1750
  • ojays
    Free Member

Hi all

Looking for hydraulic disc brake bike options in the region of £1750.

Not sure there is much out there that would come with the Ultegra level brakes, but I don’t want the Shimano versions below that l, with the massive hoods. So Ultegra level or need to be Sram/Campag.

Don’t want a “gravel” or cyclocross bike, just a regular road bike – race or endurance, not overly fussed.

Will be mainly 50m hilly club runs and shorter outings.

Anyone seen good options?

54 frame.

Ta

salad_dodger

Doesn’t help with your search but make sure you test ride something before buying. I have a Cervelo with Ultegra disc brakes and the amount of noise the brakes make puts me off riding it. I’ll never buy a road bike with discs again.

mickmcd
    Free Member

Je james are flogging caad 12s with ultegra from memory 1250 quid

ojays
    Free Member

I’m sold on discs. Had a road bike with discs and want to carry in with them. Wil take a look at JE, thought I’d looked there!

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

£1770

https://www.rosebikes.co.uk/bike/rose-xeon-cwx-ultegra/aid:2690961

Even has the new, full Ultegra R8000, decent carbon aero frame

I have a Rose cross bike with the 6800 ultegra hydraulic set up. I think it’s wonderful.

BigJohn

Thank goodness you specified what you meant by “race”.

There was a bloke here earlier today who needed a “racer” (a term even my nan understood) and got very het up when asked for clarification.

jackal
    Free Member

J.E.James – 2017 caad12 disc (ultegra) for £1439. I bought one a few weeks back, excellent for the money.

Rides really well, feels light/fast and the brakes are ace. Only the slightly heavy aksium wheels let it down I think (if you can live with q/r axles, no problem for me).

ojays
    Free Member

You got a real world pic of it Jackal?

claudie

H2 gear are selling 2017 tarmac disc half price at £1450, I replaced my roubaix with one and  its so much more fun

ojays
    Free Member

Yeah someone on another forum sent me those – is it a reputable place?

cyclistm
    Free Member

the tarmac comp disc is a bargain

The website and the reviews look genuine.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Scrap that the tarmac expert looks even better

ads678

Pinnacle Dolomite 4. 1450 with ultegra.

soundninjauk

Yeah someone on another forum sent me those – is it a reputable place?

No responsibility attached to this comment etc., but I regularly park my commuter bike at a place called H2 Soho which is a gym/bike storage/showers & lockers type place. It looks like it’s the same company as H2 Gear and it definitely exists with actual staff and stuff.

stanfree
    Free Member

I bought a defy advanced disc 2 which was around 1280 with cycle 2 work so will work out less. If I had had the cash I was offered the next one up with tubeless wheels and ultegra for around £1790. Great bikes and noticibly comfier on long rides over my old Planet x pro carbon.

njee20
    Free Member

I bought a Chinese carbon frame, Ultegra Di2 groupset and some carbon wheels for £2k. Would be far cheaper with mechanical Ultegra.

plus-one

One of the guys on local chaingang has one of those eastway zener ultegra .. Very nice looking bike in flesh ..

RRP is £2400 but in sale at £1900 his was only £1200 .. Guess his was on offer or ex-demo maybe ?

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/eastway-zener-d1-ultegra-road-bike/

dabaldie
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/wilier-gtr-sl-endurance-ultegra-disc-road-bike-2017/rp-prod161936

I have the 105 version and its a great bike for the money. 10% discount with BC too.. I paid £1100 all in which for a carbon 105 hydraulic disc is great. Yours would be £1540!

belugabob
    Free Member

H2 gear are selling 2017 tarmac disc half price at £1450, I replaced my roubaix with one and  its so much more fun

If that had been on offer 18 months ago (and it really has a threaded bottom bracket, in a carbon frame) then I would have jumped at it.

dantsw13

Haters assemble, but I’ve just bought the P-X Tempest Ti SRAM Force Hydro for £1699. Really looking forward to it!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Road bike – hydraulic discs – £1750’ is closed to new replies.