Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Road bike crash…
  • cruzcampo
    Free Member

😯

WHEN BIKES ATTACK | We guarantee that you will replay this clip

We know. Right???

Posted by Mtbr.com on Tuesday, December 30, 2014

mooman
    Free Member

Yes – seen that earlier. Guy behind him showed great skills and nerves of steel to avoid grabbing the brakes.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Ouch!

njee20
    Free Member

What is it he hits? Manages a complete flip and seems to land sitting down.

Mad skills shown by the guy who ends up in the bushes!

scotroutes

Pretty shitty observational skills on display there.

cruzcampo
    Free Member

Thought it looked like a bear trap at first!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

debris in the hard shoulder, impressive flip though,

chakaping
    Free Member

Bloke behind is clearly a former mountain biker.

😉

Pretty shitty observational skills on display there.

I can only see the rear facing camera, have you got a link to the front-facing one please?

scotroutes

Riding on the hard shoulder? isn’t that illegal?
    Sorry? What else would you call it when you cycle over debris in the road?

DT78
    Free Member

He was obviously following the rider with the cam, so if the camera rider didn’t point out the debris likely the ride that hit it had very little time to see it and avoid. I went through a massive pothole the other day because the rider in front moved over last minute to avoid, giving me a few seconds to attempt (and fail) to bunny hop it.

Hope he was okay, that doesn’t look the sort of thing you walk away from

scotroutes

So he was following the vehicle in front too closely?

anagallis_arvensis

Scotroutes has clearly never ridden in a bunch. Lead rider should have spotted it and signalled. These things happen though.

Jamie
    Free Member

I see the problem. The rider’s position is all wrong. Should be more horizontal, ideally.

oldnick

In a bunch you rely totally on the guys in front to point out hazards, if you are leaving a gap bigger than a few inches you are at the front of the second bunch.

But go on scotroutes, tell us the back story, all we’ve seen is the video.

Jamie
    Free Member

My understanding, is the camera is on a car. Hence no warning from a lead rider.

jonba
    Free Member

Looks like the camera is on a bike.

Without a signal he would never have seen it. A fair amount of concentration goes into following a wheel.

Seems like an unlucky outcome, looks like on another day he would have just got a flat but something tangled up in his front wheel. Anyone know how he faired, hope it wasn’t too badly.

oldgit
    Free Member

Weird, is this a race a club ride or what?
    Nasty though, but thankfully only the crashee came off.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

In a bunch you rely totally on the guys in front to point out hazards, if you are leaving a gap bigger than a few inches you are at the front of the second bunch.

Utter Pish.

oldgit
    Free Member

Utter Pish.

Agreed.

Very nice if someone points out stuff, but ultimately it’s you’re lookout.

edhornby

you can still get caught out by something in the road whether the lead man spots it or not

some things look innocuous until you are right on top of them and it’s too late to point and get hands back onto the bars

but of course we are all perfect and never make a mistake or have to look at traffic or junctions or taking a drink or food, just drilling our eyes down the road all the time ? no thought not

oldgit
    Free Member

What gets me is it looks like something you’d easily ride over, but very clearly not.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

chakaping – Member
    Bloke behind is clearly a former mountain biker.

😆

davosaurusrex

Metal bar gets flicked into his front wheel and then hits the backside of the forks and launches him. Fair chance of a fractured pelvis looking at the way he hit the ground I’d have guessed. Oof.

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Metal bar gets flicked into his front wheel and then hits the backside of the forks and launches him

I thought it had gone through the spokes and stopped his wheel dead and launched him. I had a similar thing happen when a big stick got snapped and wedged into my front wheel. Over the bars I went in a very comical fashion.

davosaurusrex

That’s what I meant

mooman
    Free Member

Come on fellas, look at the positives here not possible negatives.
    Guy has horrendous off, but appears to have had miraculous landing onto his arse.
    The guy closely following him makes an unreal reflex manoeuvre and avoids him.
    The bike is launched 20 foot in air into path of another riding who takes a 50/50 decision of left or right … and wins.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Road bike crash…’ is closed to new replies.