Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road bike – BTwin Triban 3 advice
  • carbon337
    Free Member

Does anyone have one?

Seems a bit of a bargain to use on my 12 mile all round commute, country roads not in the best state so i think the carbon fork will help. Also want to use it on group winter turbo sessions in my LBS.

The nearest store is quite a hike from me so I wont be able to try one – but Im 5’10 and about 30″ inside leg so i imagine the medium.

carbon337
    Free Member

nobody?

monkeychild
    Free Member

What about the Carerra TDF at Halfords???

carbon337
    Free Member

This is 100 cheaper than the TDF which is also an option, I’ve also got the chance of Forme Rapide 2010 for 385.

Opinions welcome, the Forme is from my LBS so would be built, and made to fit me which is a bonus.

monkeychild
    Free Member

Good bike for the dosh

Or there’s always second hand.

wingnuts

Giants are good riding and value. Use my TCX more than my Madone.

carbon337
    Free Member

That Giant looks the business but I’m getting the pull to the Forme, LBS is offering a full test ride and they will be there to setup the perfect fit for me. I may even be able to knock off another 35 quid or so or get some free gear since I’ve know him for 20 years.

al0broke0it
    Free Member

I just bought a Triban 3 (size 57) at a local Decathlon for 349.95 Euro. I found it of good value. The derailer works very smoothly and the breaks are really sturdy at least for my weight (160 lbs). I could not find anything with similar futures locally for that price. 6061 Aluminum frame with carbon forks and 24 speeds. I do a 18 mile daily commute on it. I enjoy it and I am satisfied with my decision.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road bike – BTwin Triban 3 advice’ is closed to new replies.