Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road bike advice
  • topangarider
    Free Member

Looking at either Giant TCR Composite 2 or a Cube Agree GTC Pro

Any offer any advice?

druidh
    Free Member

I’v not ridden the Giant but I own a GTC Agree.

I’d been riding a Focus Cayo for a couple of years and when I was working at a Cube delear, a customer was having trouble with the GTC Agree. I took it out for a test ride and was blown away by how much more comfortable it was compared to my Cayo. I was hoping that I’d managed to get an Agree cheap from the distributor, but as they’d basically all sold, I was stuck.

When the new years stock became available, I just bought one anyway. I’ve never heard a bad word about them and they’ve apparently improved them for 2012. Your most difficult task might be finding one!

I’d say that they are not the most “direct” in terms of race performance, they are squarely aimed at the slightly longer-distance rider (Sportives, that sort of thing). No problems sitting on one for 120+ mile days.

topangarider
    Free Member

Cheers. Is yours a GTC then or an aluminium framed one? They seem to have the most confusing range ever!

I’m not a racer, but I don’t want a ‘sit up and beg’ road bike – the sportive type with a tall head tube.

What’s the Easton finishing kit on it like? Particularly the wheels?

thomthumb
    Free Member

my mate had an agree; i was amazed at the weight, was easily 1-1.5kg heavier than my (alu) boardman which was less than half the price.

druidh
    Free Member

Sorry – I wasn’t clear. I got a GTC Agree. All GTC Agrees share the same Carbon frame, the difference in Pro/Race/SL is just the finishing kit and Groupset. The non-GTC Agrees are alloy.

It’s not “sit up and beg” – I have Ti tourer which would more suit that description 🙂

I didn’t get those wheels as mine is a 2011 model.

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/category/bikes/road/product/review-cube-bikes-agree-gtc-race-12-45968

Cube eschew the current trend of a tall head tube and short top tube for their distance bike and keep things standard

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road bike advice’ is closed to new replies.