Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road – Anyone have a Canyon Ultimate AL?
  • atlaz
    Free Member

Quite fancy one as they’re on sale. Does anyone have any experience with them?

timb34
    Free Member

Haven’t got one, but reviews (and a couple of guys over on the BR forums) suggest that it’s as good as the CAAD10, and better than cheap carbon.

It’s also the frame that Phil Gilbert was using in his second to last year at Lotto, but it was painted up to look like the carbon model : http://inrng.com/2011/02/what-do-the-pros-ride/

will
    Free Member

A chap in the club rides on and says it is brilliant, for the money I struggle to see what beats it.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

That and the CAAD are regarded as the “best” ali frames bikes around, (do Cervelo still make the S1?).

I think that they seem fantastic for the price

atlaz
    Free Member

I might be passing Canyon next week so will have to swing by and take a look (and take the credit card)

dharmstrong
    Free Member

Have one. The frame is very comfortable (perhaps the fancy seatpost might help this) and its pretty stiff and doesn’t flex like my previous bike (low end Trek alu frame) did.

Great value and great frame.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

perhaps the fancy seatpost might help this

I’ve just bought the seatpost for my old CAAD4, it really does move a lot even in a non-compact frame!

Rose do a similar Di2/alu frame for under £2k as well, bu it comes with kysrium elite rather than equipe, but you don’t get that seatpost, but the post is only £85, so it’s just a case of whether you want the wheels or not.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road – Anyone have a Canyon Ultimate AL?’ is closed to new replies.