Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Rivvy advice
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

me and the mrs are off tomorrow, she’s getting better and fitter so was going to go to rivvy and park near Liverpool castle and cycle down past the barn and up towards Healy nab and stay away from the fires. Will this be okay or is any of it shut off because of the fires?

cheers

easygirl

If you keep low you will be fine, parking at castle is open, few roads closed but you can get round that by going on tracks

no problems

have a good day

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Cheers mate.

Esme
    Free Member

I drove over Winter Hill yesterday (Belmont to Rivington village) and noticed two “Road Closed” signs:

Belmont Road/Georges Lane – that’s the cobbled road running round the hillside to the Pigeon Tower

Road leading to the Ice Cream car park – bottom of Ice Cream Run and “Seven Arch Bridge Descent”

Winter Hill is definely still burning, and I spotted several plumes of smoke from the Two Lads area.  Also, the A675 through Belmont was closed during the day, while the helicopter was scooping water from the nearby reservoir.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i assume you’re already out, having seen this a bit late, but the route you’re talking about was pretty much were we went on this week’s MNPR and it’s all totally fine.

Harry_the_Spider

Yep.

https://www.strava.com/activities/1692033133

Did this without bursting in to flames.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Rivvy advice’ is closed to new replies.