Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Rivington Pike
  • leythervegas
    Free Member

Going there tomorrow morning with a couple of mates for the first time. Any recommended routes for a quick 2 -3 hour blast? More importantly is there a decent cafe?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Park near or at the Lower Barn – good cafe doing cooked breakfasts, sandwiches, coffee and cake etc.

Easy to go a loop along the reservoir side and then across and up to the Pike. You could also get over to Healey Nab as part of a 2-3 hour loop.

There are a few good descents from Winter Hill also (look on the map for the one down to San Marino pub/restaurant on Belmont Road). Not strictly a bridleway though.

Junkyard
    Free Member

what time you going I can meet you and guide you [going there anyway]but I need to be back for 1 pm
    Mail in profile

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

We were there today (Clockwork, Alpine 160, Gyro, Intense Tracer and a vintage spesh with the weirdest shock set-up I’ve ever seen).
    My first visit. Liked it, good climb up the Pike. Some nice downhill bits in the woods. Get the impression it’s a good place to explore.
    Ride down the boulder bit (Ice Cream Run?) came to an abrupt halt when we heard the screams of and then saw the walker that had dislocated her knee halfway down!
    Hopefully the paramedics got her sorted (we waited until they got there).

Will go back….but it ain’t Calderdale 😉

edward2000
    Free Member

154 – you mean an Intense Tracer 2, with a £200 paint job 😉

154hopperavenue
    Free Member

You’ll have to forgive me mate, I thought it was an Orange 29er at first… 😉
    Good seeing you again today. I’ll keep you posted on the C’dale all-dayer.

edward2000
    Free Member

Haha! Looking forward to it and give us a shout about Hebden B!

aazlad
    Free Member

That’s enough taking the p155 out of Matt’s 29er! At least he didn’t fall of it today. He does look like he stole his Dads bike though. Those wagon wheels didn’t seem to help tame the boulders on the ice cream run. I told him he should have got an Alpine! How do you do smileys on here? 😉

leythervegas
    Free Member

Cheers for the advice and thanks for the offer junkyard but heard earlier that my 6 year old son has been picked for his first cricket match so maybe next time pal. Gutted I can’t make it to rivi as I’ve fancied exploring round there for a while and I wanted some miles in my legs before I go to the long mynd in Shropshire in a couple of weeks.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Rivington Pike’ is closed to new replies.