Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • RivieraBike – holiday photos
  • gingerflash

We've just come back from a week in Northern Italy with RivieraBike. Unbelievable trails, perfect weather and great company. Can't wait to go back.

Photos are here.

[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2455/3959358915_ffec9196dd.jpg[/img]

juan
    Free Member

you went there again and didn't told me 🙁 I would have come and say hello

Frankers
    Free Member

Wow looks great !!

Booked in for next June and really can't wait \

domino

Looks like a fab holiday 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Did you do the standard Molini week or the xc trip?

gingerflash

Standard Molini trip. We spent most of the week in the Argentina Valley around Triora and 2 days on longer runs ending at the sea. It's just amazing to ride miles and miles of natural flowing techy singletrack in a single go with no braking bumps, no other riders. Great to stay in a quiet little traditional Italian village rather than a busy holiday resort too.

Domino – you'll have to come along next year! We'll very probably be going back.

sheldona
    Free Member

Looks great GF 😉 We're going to book with them next year too!

gingerflash

Ady, Jo and Ray are great hosts and guides. You'll learn a lot from them too. 🙂

woodsman
    Free Member

Looks great, I must go sometime – next year maybe. I've remember chatting to Ady and Jo a good couple or perhaps three years ago, on a Surry Hills ride, about their set up over there, they've made a great success of it by all acoounts.

Philby

Fabulous pics – looks an amazing destintation!

gingerflash

The trails they've built/cleared/found are fantastic and there's so many of them. Amazing place.

juan
    Free Member

The trails they've built/cleared/found

Well going to sound a bit like a knob on this one, but most of the trail around molini are the work of peo his brother roberto and the former argentina bike club 😉

gingerflash

actually, most of them are the work of centuries of italian people and their mules.

roberto and his gang don't operate in that valley much and haven't done for quite a while.

freeridenick
    Free Member

looks lovely – particularly the food :o)

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

I had a completely different experience with that set up last year. Won't return (not with the operator anyway).

cynic-al
    Free Member

Yep, great trails and place, imperfect in other areas though.

freeridenick
    Free Member

do tell…??

juan
    Free Member

al not sure but I might be unemployed in january. So might eb able to guide you our lovely acquaintance the kid in lycra and maybe another one. That would need you to hire a bike and get your own accommodation though.
    Drop me a line if you want.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Bit snowy surely?

plumber
    Free Member

I can't wait to go back to Riviera bike – spoilt me for all other destinations

cynic-al
    Free Member

Curious Juan, dinnae have yer email though 😐

juan
    Free Member

Al it was just some word spoken last time I was over to get the most of the auln alliance, but if the numbers are small that is very doable.

Pauly

Great trails, mixed organisational skills though…
    If they sorted that I'd be back.

geoffj

Looks great, very jealous.

mrsflash
    Free Member

It was fantastic. Inspite of various calamities like my bike being run over by a german and Rich breaking 2 rear mech hangers, we had an awesome time. Next year's trip being planned already.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Some great photos there and I particularly like the bridge photo. Seems like you guys chose a really good time to go too.

Were you riding up climbs or was there an uplift service too on days? Looks like the kind of terrain I would love to try riding some time.

mrsflash
    Free Member

We rode more climbs than a lot of their guests do, but there is still an uplift to the start of the climbs, otherwise you'd be doing a hell of a lot of nice twisty road and wishing you had your road bike with you!

easygirl

we went with Riviera bike in June, great trails, and organisation was spot on for us, no problems, even ended up in my mate being taken to hospital by ady and jo to have his heart reset, it had stuck at 160bpm after a ride!!

mrsflash
    Free Member

Oh we heard about that easygirl!! We just had a thumb broken in 3 places, so not quite so dramatic.

easygirl

yep, was bloody scary, friend since school and thought he was going to croak it on holiday, his g/f would not have been impressed if i took him back in a coffin!!

Frankers
    Free Member

ChunkyMTB – Member

I had a completely different experience with that set up last year. Won't return (not with the operator anyway).

What went wrong Chunck ??

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I went last year, can only agree the guiding and riding, the weather, the food was all spot on!

Wanted to go back this year but didn't have the money. If only the exchange rate would improve!

IHN

great company

I wouldn't go that far 😉

edoverheels
    Free Member

Went last year with them and it was pretty much perfect biking holiday. Trails, scenery, uplifts, village and food. No surprises we are going back again in a couple of weeks. Photos were a nice reminder.

yoda
    Free Member

The little dog Claire/Rich, I'm wondering…..is it cute or scarey? I can't make my mind up!

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol, it does look kind of like a gremlin, so has potential to be either! Oh and it nipped Jo, so I don't think she was that impressed with it.

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘RivieraBike – holiday photos’ is closed to new replies.