Viewing 40 posts - 8,881 through 8,920 (of 9,115 total)
  • Rishi! Sunak!
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

Is it safe for a lettuce to be holding a lamb?

‘mon the nibbler!

We’ve transcended from The Thick of It to Red Dwarf and a kebab eating itself.

crazy-legs

Utter incompetents – let’s create a policy where councils/public bodies/charities etc etc spend millions bidding for money:

Oh that’s been standard for years.
    De-fund councils.
    Use the money you’ve saved to create a load of funding pots with fancy names: Levelling Up Fund, Transforming Cities Fund…
    Offer up a bit of that pot as a reward if you can write a really good bid for it.
    Then basically “mark the homework” of the councils who’ve gone through arduous and expensive bid-writing processes against an opaque background of constantly changing rules and requirements.

End result – councils spend a fortune on consultants to write these bids. The bid asks for (eg) £20m for [thing].
    Offer the council £8m cos the bid wasn’t quite good enough, the Government believes better value can be obtained and so on.
    Council redesigns [thing] to try and deliver it at less expense (which invariably means making it worse) and tries to build [thing] for £8m plus maybe a bit out of its own reserves or from private equity. It fails cos it needs £20m.
    Government blames council for building a white elephant, failing to deliver value etc and then cuts their funding even more.

pondo

That’s insane – yet entirely believable. Way beyond satire now.

binners

In the latest utterly predictable sop to try and pacify the headbangers in his party, who obviously will never be pacified, Lil Rishi has said he now believes in pulling the UK out of the ECHR. Apparently it not an international court that we’re a member of, its a ‘foreign’ court

Well, who saw that coming?

Other than absolutely everyone.

Next week: bringing back the death penalty

He made thsi anouncement in The Sun. Of course he did. You can literally smell the desperation in trying to get the bigot vote back from Reform

crazy-legs

I know this is in The Poke, more renowned for satirical content but this has moved way beyond satire.

Rishi Sunak popped up as a surprise financial adviser and the Community Note is the best so far – 19 favourite reactions

Sunak pops up online in a “surprise” (yeah right) video offering financial advice to “unsuspecting” (again, yeah right…) members of the public. Anyway, The Poke have rounded up some of the best quote tweets cos it (also unsurprisingly) got an absolute pasting online.

binners

Dear god! Who is advising him on doing these ridiculous stunts!

rone

**** hell imagine taking financial advice from someone who doesn’t know the Government has its own bank out of which he paid 330bn state support (current estimates.) then  pretended it was later financed from a collapsing private sector.

somafunk

Ala

PrinceJohn

I love the Twitter readers have added context

davros

Is this

somafunk

F
    U
    C

rone

No seriously….

🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://twitter.com/Conservatives/status/1775882749921911191?t=X7CnvbqLtfrKvvsVZhTFpw&s=19

As a piece of design work – Viz could not better that.

Holy shit.

davros

That’s what I tried to post earlier but I was defeated by glitches. Had to check repeatedly it wasn’t some parody account but my god it’s actually real.

rone

It’s so bad I don’t know where to start.

I’m not saying that just because it’s the Tories ‘cos Labour have had horseshit comms but good Christ.

I suppose in some ways it’s honest – war, footy, empire, foreign manufacturing passed off as British – but also shows everything that is appalling too (apart from Chris Nolan. Ahem.)

crazy-legs

I like that they’ve included a Eurofighter.

Go Britain, we’re like dead powerful! So powerful that we can only build fighter jets in a EUROPEAN consortium.

What do you mean, why did we leave Europe?!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Wow! Words genuinely fail me

Klunk
    Free Member

Does the Tory use of the “right charlie” mean that if Labour win a massive mandate they can axe the monarchy…..

dissonance

It’s so bad I don’t know where to start.

I would start by avoiding the image and going for the “doomsters and naysayers” opener. Has whoever wrote that looked at the daily heil and torygraph recently?

Going to the image, anyone got any idea what the thing in the bottom right is?

kormoran
    Free Member

Unelected head of state, unelected prime Minister, euro fighter, no women’s footie team, just slashed funding for the arts.

rone

My eye is drawn to the thick ‘white border’ around all the back of the cereal box cut outs.

kormoran
    Free Member

It’s the crane at felixstowe port but it looks more like the statue of Liberty at the end of planet of the apes. Which is nicely Freudian

rone

Imax Camera – Canadian.

Klunk
    Free Member

It kind resonates as my mother is current sleeping in a corridor of Norwich hospital with a broken hip as they have no beds on the ward.

FB-ATB

Star Destroyer?

dissonance

It’s the crane at felixstowe port but it looks more like the statue of Liberty at the end of planet of the apes.

Ah, I didnt spot that the image was cropped as I tend to avoid opening musks crap nowadays.

Somewhat odd choice. I wonder what the significance is supposed to be.

Poopscoop

It kind resonates as my mother is current sleeping in a corridor of Norwich hospital with a broken hip as they have no beds on the ward.

That’s utterly sh*t mate. I hope she is in a ward and on the mend asap.

As for the Tory Tweet? I just dont know, it’s like an organisational madness. The Tories broke Britain and managed to break themselves along the way.

Quiet an achievement.

colournoise

I know I’m usually first to criticise the graphic design skills of the Tory Friday afternoon intern, but even by their standards that ‘poster’ is astonishing. Pretty much speechless.

So much visual and conceptual nope in one small place.

binners

Not enough union flags for my liking. Bloody communists!

Nice of them to let the work experience kid do the design work though

somafunk

If you read it in Jeremy Clarksons voice it sounds better.

Klunk
    Free Member

Don’t let the doomsters and the naysayers trick you into talking down our country.

yet they were willing to drag the capital down into a shitty sewer with a “fake” video. They do love a bit of blatant hypocrisy.

davros

Who are we apparently more powerful than? USA or China?

alpin
    Free Member

What a shitshow.

dissonance

Personally I think its being a bit naysayery to say we are only the second most powerful country in the world.

This interns sense of patriotism is only matched by their photoshop skills.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Is there a tie in with Panini?

Does anyone else read the poster in a very dramatic Clarkson voice?

Edit: Ah Somafunk too…

Poopscoop

davros

They had me wondering the same, they link to an Express article (shocker) that uses the metric quoted below, which as we all know, is how great global powers have measured themselves since Roman times:

According to Brand Finance’s 2024 Global Soft Power Index

China only came in third. Which they must be gutted about.

Losers.

squirrelking
    Free Member

Bottom right is the MSC Zoe, a Korean built and Swiss owned vessel sailing under the Panamanian flag.

I suppose it’s too much to assume that’s actually a picture of a UK port.

*you have to click the Twitter link to see the full picture. There’s also a picture of the England football team as we all know England = Britain.

Poopscoop

I just noticed the lil’ chap has been made bigger than the King too… Isn’t that treason to your average Tory?😉

somafunk

I just noticed the lil’ chap has been made bigger than the King too… Isn’t that treason to your average Tory?😉

Is that a reference to William Wraggs dick pics?

Poopscoop

Is that a reference to William Wraggs dick pics?

Lol, I had to Google that. I’m totally shocked that a Tory MP was blackmailed into giving away contact details. Shocked I say.

binners

Does the latest dick pic expose mean yet another by-election for Rishi to lose then?

Viewing 40 posts - 8,881 through 8,920 (of 9,115 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.