• This topic has 7,750 replies, 332 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by binners.
Viewing 40 posts - 7,481 through 7,520 (of 7,751 total)
  • Rishi! Sunak!
  • mattyfez

As Dissonance says… GBNews isn’t “News”, despite the name. Lowlifes.

I might be mis-remembering, but I’m sure GBnews had to say they were an ‘entertainment channel’ rather than a news channel as defence in a court case a bit back for basically spouting total BS….

OK fine, but don’t call yourself GBnews then?

kelvin

Indeed. The programmes hosted by MPs, and the majority of the other content, are current affairs, and they are getting past rules aimed at news output that way. Despite describing themselves as…

“ GB News is Britain’s News Channel. We’re different. A new approach to how news is done – stories that really matter to people in the United Kingdom. “

So, it describes itself to its viewers as a News Channel, but Ofcom is allowing it operate as if it is not.

martinhutch

I might be mis-remembering, but I’m sure GBnews had to say they were an ‘entertainment channel’ rather than a news channel as defence in a court case a bit back for basically spouting total BS….

I think that was Fox in the US. Or possibly both of them!

Klunk
    Free Member

their (Fox) argument in court was only a complete moron would believe what we say and they won. 😕

crazy-legs

Rishi handpicks an audience of supportive, GeeBeebies-watching, right-wing nutjobs and then is surprised when one of them is an actual nutjob

It’s like a constant source of amazement to these people in power that when they appeal to the lowest common denominator, when you suggest there are clandestine leftie forces at play on some vast global conspiracy, they actually get these thick as pigshit conspiracy theory morons popping up.

When you pump out a load of propaganda and lies, you’re suddenly faced with the people who believe it all and they’re invariably absolutely **** mental and potentially quite dangerous.

No wonder Sunak looked scared in front of that Scottish bloke – now imagine meeting the same guy outside a pub in the rough end of Glasgow at 11pm on a Saturday. 😳

binners

This has been the problem that has been getting worse since 2016.

Who’d have thunk that when you open a whole can of worms and start whipping up all kind of populist nonsense to appear to hard-of-thinking, offering simplistic answers to complex problems, it comes back to bite you on the arse?

As a Brexiteer Rishi is reaping what he helped sow, so he deserves everything he gets. No wonder he’s doing everything in his power to have his campaign stage-managed to exclude any contact with the great unwashed

Meanwhile Cruella – the idiots idiot – continues with her leadership campaign to appeal to the same audience of bigots and morons that delivered Brexit….

https://x.com/SuellaBraverman/status/1757332229175308779?s=20

theotherjonv

some accents (western isles, southern irish, proper somerset) sound like a spoonful of honey. Others don’t.

That guy is only saying his name – Mr Rishi Sunak – but the accent sounds like a broken nose.

martinhutch

Probably had bums twitching in Rishi’s security detail for a moment there. You never know when one of these loons is going to go pop.

Another top moment from the farce was the audience member interviewed afterwards who asked where he could put his expenses claim in. Not sure at all!

somafunk

No wonder Sunak looked scared in front of that Scottish bloke – now imagine meeting the same guy outside a pub in the rough end of Glasgow at 11pm on a Saturday. 😳

Here he is below, we have some right dickheads walking amongst us

https://x.com/mrhenrymorris/status/1757155836818809085?s=46&t=qvPR6lBfBXtAWZ-6beFWyA

binners

The problem for Sunak is that he’s courted these loons. He’s only just booted one MP out of his party (Andrew Bridgen) who was saying the same thing. But he wasn’t alone. There are plenty on his own ‘libertarian’ backbenches who are broadly sympathetic to crackpot conspiracy theories like this and Sunak has spent years firstly playing them for their support, then pandering to them.

By cynically nodding and winking at them that he’s a fellow traveller, when it suited him, he can hardly now moan that they’re not happy about being ‘betrayed’

gobuchul
    Free Member

I worked up in Glasgow for 6 years.

I have worked dozens of Glaswegians.

But I can barely understand what that bloke is saying, don’t know if he’s deliberately exaggerating his accent or it’s just a shit PA?

somafunk

But I can barely understand what that bloke is saying, don’t know if he’s deliberately exaggerating his accent or it’s just a shit PA?

North Ayrshire style of accent, same as an “ex” mate

Poopscoop

Look me the eyes.

binners

Gove, after announcing his newfound appetite for renters rights earlier this week, is at it again.

Now he’s announcing a desire to change planning laws so that affordable homes can be built so first time buyers can get on the housing ladder

As he announced this still vague sort of intention, rather than an actual manifesto commitment, it was pointed out that they’ve been in power 14 years and the last changes to planning law they made was to give NIMBY’s more power to stop housing developments.

Poopscoop

The Tory party, aka the Announcement party.

Was the announcement made through formal parliamentary channels, aka GB News?

Announcements dave actually implementing anything which is so time consuming and difficult.

kimbers

There not being any sort of manifesto for the Tories is another reason i don’t think theres an election imminent

dissonance

their (Fox) argument in court was only a complete moron would believe what we say and they won.

It was a libel case about something tucker, of recent putin arsekissing fame, said. The defence was Tucker was an entertainer and so any “reasonable viewer” would treat his claims with skepticism and so therefore no harm could have been done.

GBeebies use the although we say we are a news channel we are really a current affairs channel and hence those pesky rules dont apply to us.

rone

There are no shortage of investigations into GBnews – currently.

Ofcom like lots of these regulators are waste of space – and the damage is already done before they get (if) reprimanded.

Join the queue.

There has to be a significant range of views on tricky issues. That’s probaly easy to observe.  But then again Kate Andrews is always on Question Time too.

crazy-legs

There not being any sort of manifesto for the Tories is another reason i don’t think theres an election imminent

It’d only be another set of complete lies, movable goalposts and vague soundbites like “grow the economy” so the presence or absence of one really doesn’t mean a lot.

In spite of Labour flip-flopping around in the background seemingly trying to dig their own grave, I think the Tories could promise everyone a gold-plated unicorn and they’ll still get wiped out.

Although I’m really not a fan of the Labour stance at the moment which seems to be “wait for the Tories to lose”.

Klunk
    Free Member

dragging it out is only going get worse for them, more big energy bills landing on the doormat and more people coming off low fixed rate deals (even if rates start to drop it’s going to hurt).

MoreCashThanDash

I think the Tories could promise everyone a gold-plated unicorn and they’ll still get wiped out.

No, because

of Labour flip-flopping around in the background seemingly trying to dig their own grave

Complacency is the Tories friend.

crazy-legs

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/rishi-sunak-made-raf-jet-32114715

Apologies for the tabloid link but it seems Rishi couldn’t get away from the filming venue quick enough!

Whistle up the private jet! Again.

martinhutch

‘Connecting with voters’ twice a week isn’t all it’s cracked up to be, is it Rishi?

He’s got months of this ahead of him unless he gets on with an election sooner. Pure torture for someone who clearly hates the electorate.

binners

He looks like he hates everyone. He believes everyone is beneath him

One look at him and you just know he hasn’t got and never has had a single friend in the world.

That’s what happens when everything in your life is purely transactional. How very Tory. The only question in every situation is ‘what’s in it for me?’

Sometimes I almost pity them, with the yawning void where their souls should be, then I remember how much I absolutely despise them.

rone

So Infosys had 7million in contracts from public money?

This is the blatant end for transfer of wealth from public money to private income.

Notice how there’s no money left is only said by Labour. Tories always find it.

crazy-legs

That’s what happens when everything in your life is purely transactional. How very Tory. The only question in every situation is ‘what’s in it for me?’

He’s a sort of distilled essence of every Apprentice candidate. Everything is about money, ideally how it can be channelled to him and his family. Everything is simply business, there’s no space in his mind for anything other than making more money.

There’s not even any concept of the *value* of anything like social care or public transport, it all comes down to the bottom line. Does it cost money?
    Yes = get rid of it, cut it back, sell it to the private sector.

Sandwich

I’m unable to lay hands on the quote but one of the last Tories to cross the floor said all they have is culture war nonsense. There will be no manifesto.

binners

They didn’t really have a manifesto last time out, just a 3 word slogan … Get Brexit Done. That was pretty much it

It’ll be the more of the same this time. You’ll be able to fit the entire manifesto on a post card… Stop the Boats

kelvin

Jernick was interesting on Radio4 this morning… firstly he clearly considers himself a possible party leader… which surprises me… secondly he’s actively fishing in Texas for ways to make immigration, and taking new “tough” physical measures against migrants, a live issue to win votes in future elections.

binners

Honest Bob has fancied himself as the next leader for quite a while. I suspect he’ll end up running on a joint ticket with Cruella as he’s spent the last 12 months as her sock puppet

Unfortunately it looks like the battle lines are being drawn for the election, majoring on immigration, immigration and immigration, because its literally all they’ve got. They’re clearly seeking to recreate the Brexit campaign, with all the racist dog-whistling that involved

The cover of todays Daily Express whipping up stories of ‘Islamist Mobs’

Expect an awful lot more of this sort of thing

somafunk

I watched this interview with Gary Stevenson last night and I agree with everything said in it, 1hr long interview but worth a watch.

binners

So the election is going to be in the Autumn and not May, eh?

This load of old bollocks just dropped through the letterbox. We got one each. An eight page A4 leaflet from our useless, corrupt, mekon-headed Tory MP, obviously designed by a visual illiterate to resemble some sort of ‘Take a Break’ style supermarket trash magazine. It has no Tory party branding anywhere. No mention of the Conservative party at all.

It features a lot of stuff saying how great Rishi is, a succession of absolute whoppers about the NHS being in great nick and getting better all the time, more police on the street then a load of promises of things that are clearly never going to happen…

Levelling up – didn’t they promise that 5 years ago and nothing has happened?

Building loads of affordable homes – didn’t they promise that 5 years ago and nothing has happened?

Billions of investment in to local transport – didn’t they promise that 5 years ago and nothing has happened?

Increased free childcare – isn’t that entire policy in the process of falling apart?

You get the picture. Gaslighting nonsense.

I’m absolutely sure they’d be doing this if the election was going to be in November and not May. Of course they would.

Rishis bullshit

somafunk

I don’t get Tory shite through my door anymore, got a “**** the tories” big sticker on it and gave out dozens to those in my neighbourhood who liked the idea of making our area of kirkcudbright a Tory free zone

crazy-legs

more police on the street

This is another one that annoys me, just a phrase to appeal to the gammons. Yes, it’s good for a bit of “visibility” but they’re not really doing much are they? They’re not investigating, interviewing, solving crimes, targeting known suspects – none of it is intelligence-led policing or good use of resources.

I mean yes, there is absolutely a place for community policing but having a load of officers wandering around the streets just because a political party wants to be seen to have “more police on the streets” is not really the answer.

Edit: where it is a definite answer is actual roads / traffic police but they’re the ones that have been cut the most.

binners

They’re using the picture of Rishi on the cover when he did his (literal) flying visit to Bury Market and did a press conference where he opened with ‘Its great to be here in Burnley’.

Northern places? They’re all the same, aren’t they? Same distance from Manchester airport in a helicopter.

gobuchul
    Free Member

The clip of his GB News thing, where he basically says if you can’t afford private education your parents aren’t hard working enough has boiled my piss.

Did I mention that I hate him?

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Prime everyone to go early in May for the GE after your magic NI cuts then realise everything is going downhill fast, we’re likely to be in offical recession and you’re going to get stuffed in the polls anyway, may as well wait for Autumn and line your pockets for a few more months before you have to start paying for your flights and cars again, let the loons sort it all out with what slim picking are left…

Getting more pessimistic about an early chance to get rid of these scumbags

crazy-legs

Getting more pessimistic about an early chance to get rid of these scumbags

Me too. They know that, barring total miracle, they’re going to get annihilated so why not hang on as long as possible? Also if they hang on long enough, Labour might self-destruct a bit over the whole Israel thing.

spawnofyorkshire

It’s ok, Jeremy (H)unt is going to cut public spending even more to fund tax breaks ahead of the election

https://www.ft.com/content/2853910d-f654-4344-b4a0-948d8564e1a9

ernielynch

may as well wait for Autumn and line your pockets

Rishi Sunak really doesn’t need his position as Prime Minister to line his pockets. He can easily afford to pay for his cars and flights.

What will interest him most is his place in British history. Encouraging everyone to believe that there will be a Spring general election and then not calling for one until the Autumn won’t do him any favours. He would be much better off discouraging talk of a May general election if he hasn’t yet made up his mind.

Rishi Sunak’s number one priority now has to be at the very least to avoid Tory electoral Armageddon, although no doubt in his dreams to deny Labour a working majority.

Rishi Sunak doesn’t need to financially enrich himself (other than to boost his ego) his income already I am sure easily exceeds his expenditure.

Viewing 40 posts - 7,481 through 7,520 (of 7,751 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.