RipRow

Home Forum Bike Forum RipRow

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • RipRow
  • Premier Icon tmb467
    Subscriber

So essentially a stagger stance deadlift on a wobble board? For a grand

Sign me up

Edit: I forgot the helmet

Edit 2: is he clipped in?

Strikes me as a good idea, particularly if you don’t have a pump track in your back garden. It’s push and pull and balance, all in a way that matches how you move on the bike.

Looks crazy,but I kinda like it.Could maybe be developed into a a very practical mountain bike fitting tool .

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

I use one of these

Very good for core.

Premier Icon Kamakazie
    Subscriber

I thought this was just to settle, once and for all, that reach increases with sag…

Premier Icon monkeysfeet
    Subscriber

No wheel size . I’m out….

They missed a trick by not calling it the bell end balance board.

bizarrely I listened to a Trainerroad podcast just this morning with Lee McCormack on (he’d been coaching the TR guys) and he kept plugging mentioning this. To be fair it’s about as basic as I’d pictured it.

As per the bikeradar comments I’m waiting for the smart version that’ll be compatible with Zwift Shred.

That’s a prototype in the gif. This is the production version:

I’d like to try one. Shame they’re so expensive!

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

…Pricing is set at £913 / $1,199 / AU$1,565; they can ordered on RipRow’s site…

I will happily bolt half an old bike frame to a rickety pallet and charge only half two thirds of that…

gwurk

I’d like to try one. Shame they’re so expensive!

No. it’s a good thing they’re so expensive. It’s an idiot tax. Much like middle aged Sportive no hopers and powermeters.
    Just ride your bike.
    Slam the saddle and don’t raise it again until you’re no longer weak and can manage a decent length manual.

When I’m living my #vanlife I always take the time to dial in my moto stance.

It does go up to twelve, though. Which, I need hardly remind you, is one more than eleven.

Premier Icon cookeaa
    Subscriber

Oh GW you’ve missed the point, owning one of these sends a real message to the other carpark bitches…

When you idly move your £900 bit of a frame nailed to a plank aside to retrieve your gnarpoon from the back of the T5, they’ll know just how serious about your #Enduro training, so serious in fact, that you are willing to spend more money (and presumably time) on a bicycle simulator than a basic bicycle would have cost… That is super serious.

nairnster

Rip(off)Row?

Premier Icon martinhutch
    Subscriber

Love the adjustable resistance: ‘Ours goes to 12’.

Not sure if this is a knowing self-parody or not. In the overall context of the product it’s hard to tell.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

Mostly it makes me think of Mr Garrison’s monowheel, but maybe that says more about me than it does the product.

Premier Icon kayla1
    Subscriber

When I’m living my #vanlife I always take the time to dial in my moto stance.

It does go up to twelve, though. Which, I need hardly remind you, is one more than eleven.

Genuine lol, thank you!

Everything about that ad screams ‘FKW’ to me.

edit- actually, reading it (the ad) again, that’s a really good piss-take, right? Right?

Makes sense when you see the whole story
    [video]https://youtu.be/-GAaheigvgg[/video]

gwurk

Don’t be one of those guys

I know it’s hard for gifted riders like GWorc to appreciate this but sometimes things other than riding a bike can make riding a bike more fun and better. And in some places you can’t ride a MTB for a few months a year due to the snow.

Premier Icon Bez
    Subscriber

sometimes things other than riding a bike can make riding a bike more fun

That’s why there are pubs near trails, not why the world was waiting for a one-man see-saw 🙂

Premier Icon kayla1
    Subscriber

Actually, thinking about it, I reckon it’s not a huge stretch to be able to use that as a video game controller- Downhill Domination, anyone?

Premier Icon Rubber_Buccaneer
    Subscriber

I went for the deluxe

CraigW

A similar idea to the bike balance board? https://www.bike-balance-board.de/

As used by Nino Schurter. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW-nWnl5hYk

gwurk

but sometimes things other than riding a bike can make riding a bike more fun and better.

Measuring
    weighing
    calculating
    Buying
    Worrying
    Measuring
    weighing
    calculating
    Buying
    Worrying
    Measuring
    weighing
    calculating
    Buying
    Worrying
    Measuring
    weighing
    calculating
    Buying
    Worrying…

Just ride your bike a bit more mate. 😉

gwurk

As NOT used by Jimmy Pratt

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uV2tte0o8k[/video]

If you really must do another excercise. Dig!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.