Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Ripped jacket repair?
  • muddy247
    Free Member

Had a brown pants moment on Nitrous at Hamsterley yesterday. Straight over the handlebars and slid down a berm on my elbow n ass. Put a small (3cm oval shape) hole in my Endura mt500 waterproof jacket.
    Any ideas on best way to repair hole? Have used duck tape on work jackets but would like a less agricultural repair!

Stoner
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doNmsq_FBiU#t=0[/video]

sweepy
    Free Member

spinnaker tape

rickmeister

Have a look out for goretex self adhesive patches….

Leku
    Free Member
    DanW
    Free Member

Scottish Mountain Gear did a fantastic job repairing my Mavic HC H20.

I managed to mangle the underarm catching it on something sharp and it wasn’t an easy self-repair as there was some material missing. They cut out the damaged area and have sewn in new material in a way that you’d never notice any of the original damage. Very impressed and happy.

£20-30 would be a lot to repair a £50 jacket but I could justify the much better job done by the professionals on a ~£200 jacket and feel it is a reasonable expense given the quality of the repair and mess the material was in after damaging it.

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Ripstop tape – £1.50 on eBay!

nevermind
    Free Member

Tenacious tape, about £7 from outdoor shops. Lasts several washes but then u just tape it up again.

mulacs

Back to endura! Email them, I lacerated my jacket on a barbed wire fence, they quoted me ~16£ repair (which I though was insane as it basically needed a new arm), sent it off and got a brand new jacket back – free. Unbelievable.
    Gotta be worth an ask.
    THT.

muddy247
    Free Member

Thanks for replies- I thought of sending it to Endura but I bought it from here so no proof of purchase!
    At least I have a few options to repair it!

DanW
    Free Member

Still might be worth getting in touch with Endura (maybe initially omit where it was bought unless asked)- They have a great reputation and may well surprise you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Ripped jacket repair?’ is closed to new replies.