Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)
  • RIP John McAleese
  • Harry_the_Spider

Tragic. RIP Mac.

Link

This is a couple of days old, so appologies if it has already been posted.

ilovemygears
    Free Member

ironic he had killed lots of people sons in his life time….

wrecker
    Free Member

Yep and all deserved it.
    RIP John. They don’t make them like that any more.

hora
    Free Member

Yes ironic to you however without men carrying weaponary on our behalf you and me wouldn’t sleep safe in our beds at night.

What do you think our armed forces should have fought with, feather dusters and jokes?

RIP. His son died serving our nation and his Dad gave his best years for us. RIP

JAG

Goodbye and Good Luck John 8)

Best couple of hours of telly I ever watched was when he and his SAS mates kicked in the Iranian Embassy. I’d also like to say ‘Thanks’ for all the other stuff he and his mates did that I never knew about and never had to worry over.

Unfortunately we need people like John McAleese.

Houns

What JAG said

RIP

enfht
    Free Member

RIP

bigbloke
    Free Member

This man and his comrades served at the dirty and dangerous end of our nations security and safety without much public or formal recognition for and on behalf of us whether we agree or not with the tasks required of them or even knowing about them.

As reward for his endeavours he lost his son also serving in our armed forces as many others have. A loss that would surely devestate us all. This man is one of many that make me proud to be British.

I for one salute him.

RIP.

deluded
    Free Member

A brave and remarkable man who served his country well.

higthepig
    Free Member

Best couple of hours of telly I ever watched was when he and his SAS mates kicked in the Iranian Embassy

Agree totally, although at the time I remember my dad getting upset that the snooker was stopped for the live coverage, not realising how the event would unfold.

RIP and thank you

grantway
    Free Member

ilovemygears – Member
    ironic he had killed lots of people sons in his life time….

And just why would he have done that.

God rest this guys soul

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

And they say chuck Norris is hard. Rip mac, the world has lost a good man.

yossarian
    Free Member

And just why would he have done that.

Because he was ordered to.

Lets be absolutely clear about this shall we? He would have run over your granny in a tank if so ordered.

A very courageous man no doubt, but an instrument of war and a bringer of suffering nevertheless.

The pain of losing his son must have been terrible, can’t imagine that 🙁

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

And so the hand wringers arrive. Idiots.

RIP, Mac, and thanks for all of the other, non-televised stuff too.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Ooooh…someone’s on the “Report Post” button tonight. Just as well he’s not a soldier with a twitchy trigger finger like that.

yossarian
    Free Member

Rather be a hand wringer than a jingoistic sycophant.
    Edit: pt2!

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

RIP mac.

WOW that last post disappeared quick 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yossarian were you picked last in the playground? diddums…..

higthepig
    Free Member

Lets be absolutely clear about this shall we? He would have run over your granny in a tank if so ordered.A very courageous man no doubt, but an instrument of war and a bringer of suffering nevertheless.

Yossarian,

If we were all instruments of peace and bringers of healing like you, we wouldn’t need people like Mac. However, the world is not like that and it is a good job we do have people of his kind.

yossarian
    Free Member

Boohoo captain, you have cut me with your words.

Edit:

If we were all instruments of peace and bringers of healing like you, we wouldn’t need people like Mac. However, the world is not like that and it is a good job we do have people of his kind.

Oh get over yourself. No doubt he has brave, no doubt he was a good mate to his colleagues. But all this flag waving horseshit needs to be confronted. You have NO IDEA what else he did, why and for whom. If you think that British foreign policy is anything other than rotten to it’s stinking core then you need to wake up.

seosamh77
    Free Member

You have NO IDEA what else he did, why and for whom. If you think that British foreign policy is anything other than rotten to it’s stinking core then you need to wake up

Yip, but this is the same for just about every big power and tbh it would be the same for any nation were they to rise to a level where they could impose their will upon others. There’s always a greedy bastard elite, more than willing to take advantage of the dumb masses and exploit other countries as they see fit.

Chomsky explains it better than I could, ignore who he’s talking about, they concepts are still true.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Z05xyGB0c&feature=player_embedded#!

We have to change that from within… Never gonny happen mind while the masses still believe in a world of goodies and baddies(as illustrated by posts above.).

mildred

Oh get over yourself. No doubt he has brave, no doubt he was a good mate to his colleagues. But all this flag waving horseshit needs to be confronted. You have NO IDEA what else he did, why and for whom. If you think that British foreign policy is anything other than rotten to it’s stinking core then you need to wake up.

Yet, I’m guessing you happily turn a blind eye to that rotten policy so you can live a relatively peaceful life in a relatively trouble free country?

higthepig
    Free Member

Yossarian,

What is the colour of the sky in your utopian idyll?

seosamh77
    Free Member

happily turn a blind eye to that rotten policy so you can live a relatively peaceful life in a relatively trouble free country?

What can he do about it if you and millions of others actively support it without a thought?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

When asked what he was fighting for, the Libyan rebel on TV said “Freedom. What you have in the west. All the things you take for granted.”

I’m glad to be living in “the West” and happy there are men like the late JM defending it’s borders.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

You have NO IDEA what else he did, why and for whom

Nope, and neither do you… you might want to think about that one when you’re posting 😉

duckman

RIP a fine soldier.
    Yossarian; People like the SAS allow you to “confront this flag waving horseshit.” if you think otherwise you need to “wake up.” You don’t have to like it,in fact you are coming across as such an arse, I am rather glad you don’t.

hora
    Free Member

Men and women fighting dying allow us all free-thought.

The particular arena won’t appeal or we might not agree with it. But when you sign up you don’t get to pick and chose where you fight

yossarian
    Free Member

Yet, I’m guessing you happily turn a blind eye to that rotten policy so you can live a relatively peaceful life in a relatively trouble free country?

Hmmm…no I wouldn’t say that. I can’t deny that I allow myself to enjoy my life, I’m extremely skeptical that the policies employed over the last 40 years or so are the ONLY way to ensure a peaceful UK. perhaps they are/were the best way to ensure economic dominance, but that doesn’t mean the same thing to me.

Yossarian; People like the SAS allow you to “confront this flag waving horseshit.” if you think otherwise you need to “wake up.” You don’t have to like it,in fact you are coming across as such an arse, I am rather glad you don’t.

😆 how exactly do the SAS defend my freedom of speech then? By shooting people who want to take it away? Who are they then? Jingoism, pure and simple!

Next!

Robz
    Free Member

I liked his moustache. It will be missed.

hora
    Free Member

If you want to be sceptical a lot of wars over the past few hundred years were about protecting UK Commerce. We can’t be a functional society without a robust defence of our interests though can we?

Imagine who’d take the piss, bully and attack to take over?

MrWoppit
    Free Member

how exactly do the SAS defend my freedom of speech then? By shooting people who want to take it away?

Nope, and neither do you… you might want to think about that one when you’re posting

Refresh on your short attention span, there…

seosamh77
    Free Member

If you want to be sceptical a lot of wars over the past few hundred years were about protecting UK Commerce. We can’t be a functional society without a robust defence of our interests though can we?

I’d much rather people were unapologetic about it rather than try to kid me and themselves about what it actually is, maybe the discussion could actually get somewhere interesting.

yossarian
    Free Member

No you didn’t woppit. Was ignoring the tub thumping. The comment by z11 made absolutely no sense whatsoever. I can quite believe that various threats to uk security and overseas interests were neutralised by the SAS. I SERIOUSLY doubt that any of them would have lead to the loss of free speech within the uk.

I’d much rather people were unapologetic about it rather than try to kid me and themselves about what it actually is, maybe the argument could actually get somewhere.

Yes absolutely.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Sorry, let me clarify for you. You said

and then you said

how exactly do the SAS defend my freedom of speech then? By shooting people who want to take it away?

to which the answer, as you must already know, is: we don’t know.

Whatever it is though, it seems to work – you, for instance, are able to spit on it without fear of arrest and torture.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

If the SAS were that good, why did the IRA take the piss for so long?

seosamh77
    Free Member

The IRA were better? :mrgreen:

crazy-legs

Political reasons. Unfortunately you can’t just go in and kill the bad guys in one easy move.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Political reasons. Unfortunately you can’t just go in and kill the bad guys in one easy move.

So close to the mainland, aye that is true, not so true further a field. Plus the IRA war was a propaganda war from both sides. Neither side could actually go all out, It would have been much more bloody(and shorter) if that was the case.

1freezingpenguin
    Free Member

Because the UK government wouldn’t allow them to take out all suspected IRA members as it would be to controversial and no doubt some would claim they were innocent.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 115 total)

The topic ‘RIP John McAleese’ is closed to new replies.