Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • RIP Henry Allingham
  • avdave2
    enfht
    Free Member

RIP old boy

Henry put his long life down to "cigarettes, whiskey and wild wild women"

Only Harry Patch left now 😥

zokes
    Free Member

Indeed, very sad…

peakmonster
    Free Member

Hero very sad.

JohnClimber
    Free Member

A hero the youth of today should be looking up to.

uplink
    Free Member

We owe him & many like him an awful lot

RIP fella – a glass will be raised

tankslapper
    Free Member

Good innings – RIP Lest we forget

sv

RIP.

scraprider
    Free Member

just seen the news , RIP oh AND THANK YOU!!!!!!

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Unlike Henry my grandad fought on the front line in the trenches and was wounded at the Somme. When he died nobody gave a sh!t except his family. I'd rather raise a glass to him.

Jammy111
    Free Member

Up on the downs- did your grandad live until he was 113? I think not…

Andy-Mac
    Free Member

Unlike Henry my grandad fought on the front line in the trenches and was wounded at the Somme. When he died nobody gave a sh!t except his family. I'd rather raise a glass to him.

Think your missing the point.

Andy

Drac

A ripe old age and one of many who gave so much to this country, uponthedowns and many other's grandparents too. RIP you've earned it.

uponthedowns
    Free Member

Up on the downs- did your grandad live until he was 113? I think not.

No but his wife lived to 103 does that count?

So we're supposed to get misty eyed over Henry because he managed to live longer than the other WW1 veterans. I don't think so.

On the other hand if his passing almost (Harry Patch is still left) means that the men who fought for this nation in that conflict are all gone and we should spare a thought for all of them then I'm all for that.

tankslapper
    Free Member

means that the men who fought for this nation in that conflict are all gone and we should spare a thought for all of them then I'm all for that.

That's how I see it too – it's the end(ing) of an era. A break in the link to a terrible part of our shared history. As I said Lest we forget.

scraprider
    Free Member

we do rember them all , once a year , at the 11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month,just so happends he died to day mate.

uplink
    Free Member

uponthedowns – if somebody had told me about your grandad, I [& probably everyone else here] would have raised a glass to him too

The fact that Henry Allingham is one of the last means it gets reported & gives those that care the chance to remember them all & what they gave again

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘RIP Henry Allingham’ is closed to new replies.