Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • RIP Fast Eddie Clarke
  • mudmonster
    Free Member

The classic line up are all gone 🙁

plumber
    Free Member

oh dear

so many gone

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

Oh no! Motorhead were the headliners at the first gig I ever went to, the Heavy Metal Mayhem Brain Damage Party at Bingley Hall, Stafford if I recall correctly. Circa 1981 with the classic (not original as we all know) line up of Lemmy, Philthy Phil and Fast Eddie.

Pigface
    Free Member

Sad news, you know whe you are getting old when all members of bands pass away.

RIP

ThePinkster

Sad news, only made sadder that me and a mate were only saying about 2 hours ago how he was the only one now alive from the classic line up.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Read this earlier, the last of the three amigos has gone.
    Heaven is going to be in a right **** state with those three up there 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

😥
    One of my favourite bands as a kid.

RoterStern
    Free Member

Sad news. RIP Fast Eddie 🙁

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Still got my cherished White Vinyl Fever album, won by my sister in a radio 1 competition. Many years later at a record collectors fair, believing it to be possibly the only one of it’s kind, I had it valued, £5 (now worth £25 on Discogs woohoo!)

johndoh
    Free Member
    centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

RIP. All gone now.

hodgynd
    Free Member

Sad news indeed ..never did get to see them ( although had tickets for a cancelled gig a couple of years back ) ..did see Lemmy with Hawkwind though ..
    Heaven/ Hell just got louder !

jate
    Free Member

Saw them on both the Overkill & Bomber tours. For the Bomber tour they played a cinema in Chester that I suspect had never hosted a concert before (the “bouncers” all wore DJs & bow ties) and possibly never did again given the number of people who left at the end with seats tucked under their arms.
    I think I still have my Overkill tour t-shirt somewhere…..

grandadmike
    Free Member

Sad news —Remember the bomber tour – front row at De Montford – superb and blooming LOUD ——- Happy days

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

This was the last time I saw them together.

johndoh
    Free Member

What’s the tramp doing on the right?

Incredibly I never saw them back in the day (once travelled over the Leeds Queen’s Hall with the great idea of trying to sneak in which didn’t work) so never saw the classic line-up, but I did get to see them a few times in more recent years (and had tickets to see them on the tour that was cancelled after Lemmy’s death) and also saw them in 2015 at Glasto which was great fun 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

Sad news that, IIRC I went to see them on the Bomber Tour along with another Band (who I can’t remember ATM)

Plenty loud enough for me, mighty band to watch live..

johndoh
    Free Member

I think I still have my Overkill tour t-shirt somewhere…..

That’ll be worth a bit then. A mate sold off all his old Maiden tees/baseball shirts and some sold for over £200 each!

Unfortunately I binned all of mine.

jamj1974

Just the loudest rock and roll band. RIP Eddie.

finishthat
    Free Member

http://www.chmetal.info/tourdates/Motorhead_1979.htm

Saw them at Bracknell sports centre – was that 38 years ago.. ?
    Well yes it was and I was 14 – and I do remember because it was great.

bowglie

Oh, sad news – but nice to know that there are fellow fans on here that appreciated the classic line up. I also saw them on the Overkill and Bomber tours. First time I saw them, it was a real WTF show! One of my mates that went to the gig was into Genesis, Yes, Supertramp etc. – he was less than impressed, and said “well, they’re just like loud punk noise”, to which I replied – yeah, it was f***ing great!

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Punk metal….. see them at Newcastle city hall

I was deaf for days

wordnumb
    Free Member

They were Motorhead. They played rock n roll.

Fantombiker

Sad, saw them on the bomber tour. Never forget that gig. He was underrated as a guitarist, had a blues background, and great technique.

dpfr

bikebouy – Member

Sad news that, IIRC I went to see them on the Bomber Tour along with another Band (who I can’t remember ATM)

I think Saxon were support on that tour, and I may have been next to Grandadmike, up fromt at the De Montfort Hall. Happy days…..

jate
    Free Member

Yes Saxon were the support on the Bomber tour (and then for Rainbow on the Down To Earth tour not long afterwards). For the Overkill tour it was Girlschool as I recall.

Digby

The likes of which I doubt we will ever see again …

RIP Eddie

I always liked the story about him working as a painter & decorator when they first appeared on TOTP (as recounted in the film ‘Lemmy’ from memory)

bikebouy
    Free Member

Saxon 😆

I know why I couldn’t remember who it was.

Still, let’s have some more Fast Eddie photos..

mudmonster
    Free Member

Got into them around 1984 so already missed out on seeing them live with this line up. They did some good stuff with other line ups, this was the definitive line up for me though. Every LP full of great songs.

Wonder what Another Perfect day would have sounded like with Eddie on guitar?

votchy
    Free Member

I have this one (amongst a great many other picture disks) at home

Me too, great band, underrated for their music/song writing ability imho, everyone just thinks f*** me they are loud 😀

teamslug
    Free Member

RIP. Saw them at Queens Hall. Only the 3rd gig I’d been to. I think some of the gig ended up on ‘No Sleep Til Hammersmith’ but could be wrong. I was only 11 or 12 and went with a trip form school!!. God it was loud. Pretty sure the bouncers were pulling folks out of the front cos it was too loud. Brilliant. 😆

mudmonster
    Free Member

Went to visit a friend in Leeds sometime in the 90’s. Memory is a bit hazy but ended up at a house where someone was giving away loads of Motorhead posters. Lots of them were signed. I didn’t take the signed ones as my punk way of thinking at the time didn’t agree with rock star things like signed merch, duh. Still have lots of the posters, did give a few away. They are all from the classic line up so I’m assuming all the signatures were from that era too. Wish I had a big enough flat to put them all up.

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

RIP. Saw them at Queens Hall. Only the 3rd gig I’d been to. I think some of the gig ended up on ‘No Sleep Til Hammersmith’ but could be wrong. I was only 11 or 12 and went with a trip form school!!. God it was loud. Pretty sure the bouncers were pulling folks out of the front cos it was too loud. Brilliant.

You’re not wrong, that’s the show on the album. Still remember it like it was yesterday.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

didn’t they precede/develop what became ‘speed metal’? The best example of which is the track Overkill. That drum track is amazing

Only way to feel the noise is when it’s good and loud
    So good I can’t believe it, screaming with the crowd

I recall being totally overawed with the noise, it felt like my ears were bleeding but I was still chanting with the crowd “turn it up, turn it up, turn it up”

Crazy times.

Nico
    Free Member

I think you are confusing them with Chuck Berry.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

I have two Motorhead/Lemmy anecdotes.

Number one, my mate Nick Hancock (no, not him) and I went to see them at Hammersmith Odeon circa 1982. We were in the second row and as soon as they came on we jumped over the seats in front of us and were hanging over the front of the stage. We were so close that we could feel our eyebrows singeing as the smoke bombs on stage went off.

Nick worked at Sainsburys (North Cheam) and had a till-roll in his black, leather (natch’) jacket ‘cos we had previously planned and discussed how we would use this as a ‘streamer’.

So he unrolled a couple of feet of till-roll and gave it to me to hold while he launched the rest of it towards the stage.

Of course instead of the till-roll unfurling in a nice looking streamer, it ripped immediately and roughly a kilo of tightly wrapped paper flew in a fantastic arc right over Lemmy’s head with him looking slightly startled as he watched it pass him by to disappear somewhere at the back of the stage.

After a moment’s shock as we realised what had happened I quickly dropped the incriminating two feet of paper I was holding and we both tried to blend in with the crowd.

Number two, my older female cousin was a bleached blond, leather jacketed, wild-child, rock-chick. Somehow it made its way to Lemmy that she fancied him and he rang her up at her parents (my aunt and uncle) posh home on Epsom Downs and took her out on a date. Apparently he was a bit of a berk.

llama

lemmy anecdote:

My brother and I went to see them @hammersmith in the late 80s. Lemmy came on stage, flung his cigar into the croud, and it hit my brother in the face. We both thought this was awesome.

MTB-Idle
    Free Member

😀

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘RIP Fast Eddie Clarke’ is closed to new replies.