Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • RIP Chas
  • theotherjonv

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-45613563

So here’s one of their less well known / yet best known works. The world won’t know much of Chas n’ Dave but they will recognize the guitar hook at about 2 mins on this, which they did as jobbing session musicians back in the 70’s

pistonbroke
    Free Member

Maybe gallows humour but anyone spot in the text “the pianist died of organ failure”

Cougar

The world won’t know much of Chas n’ Dave but they will recognize the guitar hook at about 2 mins on this

Holy crap!  Haha.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Gertcha

martinhutch

That Labi Siffre track is one of my favourites! Will never listen to it the same way again.

Who would have thought C&D would provide Enimem with one of his best-known samples!

mark d
    Free Member

Many happy childhood memories listening to Chas & Dave.

RIP

jamj1974

Always heard that he was a lovely bloke.  Played with more than a few music legends as well.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Holy crap! Haha.

+1 that. Both impressed by their range of work and where that sample comes from.

theotherjonv

Not just Eminem, it’s been used in many – Jay-Z and Primal Scream for example.

https://www.whosampled.com/Labi-Siffre/I-Got-The…/sampled/?cp=2

codybrennan
    Free Member

Great song, and RIP Chas, but the hook 2 mins in is Labi on the piano, not Chas on the guitar.

theotherjonv

chas and dave were guitar and bass, they were all on it.

redmex
    Free Member

Saw Chas and Dave in the ’80 at Leas Cliff Hall in Folkstone, drove down from Fife to see a  rallycross event at Lydden Hill same weekend but I was a week out boring old motorbikes instead of twin turbo Will Gallop and Martin Shanky in the Ford, cracking evening they put on

CountZero

Some unlikely people covered C&D songs, like this one, which I love:

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘RIP Chas’ is closed to new replies.